Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manufacturing Process Development Manager
Eaton is seeking a Manufacturing Process Development Manager within our Electrical Products Group (EPG). This person can be based in either of our EPG Headquarter locations (Pittsburgh, PA, Milwaukee, WI or Peachtree City, GA).
The leader of Manufacturing Process Development for the Electrical Products Group (EPG) is responsible for introduction and development of core manufacturing processes to support world class production systems. The position develops and deploys new process technologies as well as improves existing technologies. This is done through combination of personal experience and knowledge as well as leveraging internal and external subject matter experts.
- Develops and introduces new process technologies into EPG facilities. Typical processes are associated with molding, stamping, metal fabrication, welding, machining, and assembly/test automation. Incorporates of requirements for EHS and local agency compliance. Incorporates understanding of ongoing maintenance requirements.
- Leads improvement programs combining process technology knowledge, operations excellence tools (lean, six sigma, CI), and project management capabilities. Manages a portfolio of programs across multiple facilities.
- Acts a primary contact for DFM inputs on new product components leveraging both personal and subject management experts and consultants. Recommends associated tooling matching process and capacity requirements.
- Attends trade shows, performs research, and interfaces with subject matter experts to identify leading practices, processes, and equipment.
- Mentors EPG process engineers in the appropriate execution and application of process development and continuous improvement. Assists with identification of training and development opportunities.
- Develops financial models to support investment in new process technology. Coaches EPG locations on the development of planning and budgeting for this investment.
- Personally interfaces with suppliers of similar processes assisting the Electrical Sector Category Managers with evaluation of process technologies, capabilities, and tooling. Assists with associated supplier development initiatives or resourcing efforts.
- As part of the EPG Advanced Manufacturing team, collaborates on Industry 4.0 topics such a “Internet of Things” implementations, using “Big Data” analysis to define operating parameters, and implementation of additive manufacturing.
- Manages junior process technology staff as assigned to implement the primary job function.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in advanced manufacturing processes
- Experience with the following:
- Molding, stamping, metal fabrication, welding, machining, and assembly/test automation processes
- Environmental health and safety requirements
- Total preventative maintenance
- Continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma techniques
- Business case development
- Engineering background with the ability to work in a cross functional team setting, with the ability to effectively influence and impact across work groups at all levels in the organization.
- Experience with managing external consultants, suppliers, and tooling design/development companies
- Current or former Manager-of-People (direct reports & indirect reports), with strong capability in motivating and leading
- Able to manage multiple projects/programs simultaneously
- Able to manager, lead and influence business leaders without direct authority across regions, cultures, and businesses at different organizational levels
- Strong problem solving and creativity skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Six Sigma certification
- Must demonstrate high initiative (self-starter) and drive for results
- Must have strong interpersonal communication and professional presence (able to communicate and present at all levels)
- Must effectively leverage resources and be able to get results via influence
- Must be able to work in a matrixed environment dealing with the complexities of projects/programs that cross divisional / operational boundaries
An undergraduate Engineering degree from an accredited institution is required.
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits.
The position will be located at Eaton’s Moon Township, PA facility.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG Electrical Products Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time