Custom Order Product Specialist
- Review incoming orders for the accuracy of design and compliance to customer specifications and resolving potential discrepancies.
- Support the commercial aspects of the order, which may include meeting with internal/external customers to approve/revise drawings, support final inspections and/or witness tests and provide customers with documentation packages.
- Provide technical and engineering support for complex products to production, marketing, customer service, sales force, field service teams, warranty administrator and customers.
- Product Configuration
- Prepare approval/construction/as built drawings.
- Develop the necessary wiring diagrams as required.
- Generate bills of material to satisfy order requirements.
- Maintain bills of material in ERP system, incorporating any customer changes.
- Development of custom Made to Order (MTO) components as required using appropriate modelling software ie. Inventor.
- Project Management
- Align priorities to capacity planning tool milestone dates, ensuring timely upkeep.
- Report to the manager on work related activities on a monthly basis.
- Coordination and successful execution of assigned Engineered to Order (ETO) or Configured To Order (CTO) product orders, adhering to project timelines.
- Support and participate in the implementation of corporate initiatives and attainment of department and operations goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College diploma in a technical field from an accredited institution and a minimum 5 years of engineering experience in the manufacture of electrical power distribution and industrial controls assemblies OR Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a minimum 3 years of engineering experience in the manufacture of electrical power distribution and industrial controls assemblies.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 80 kilometer radius of the Mississauga, ON facility will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Electrical educational background is preferred
- Project management or leading teams experience
- Automation products (PLCs, HMI, VFD) experience
- Understanding and experience using and interpreting the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Competency in using MS-Office, AutoCAD Electrical and Inventor.
- Competency in programming and troubleshooting PLC based systems would be an asset.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Self-motivated, energetic and capable of working in a very fast pace environment with minimal supervision or as part of a team and taking direction.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written. French is an asset.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time