Golf Pride® Global Putter Product Marketing Manager
- Create and manage the putter grip product roadmap for Golf Pride Putter Grips in the retail and OEM channel through consumer insights, product portfolio gap analysis, and market trend analysis to drive the business.
- Manage a product launch from idea through launch by creating a product brief, product concept development, forecasting, naming & positioning, and reporting and managing performance.
- Manage the product portfolio and the putter grip P&L including business case development and execution. You will build a forecast, track and communicate performance vs. expectations, and develop actions plans to address any variances to expectations.
- Collaborate and drive a cross-functional team including R&D, sales, operations, other marketing functions, and agency partners to bring products to life. You will drive the timeline and deliverables, while bringing innovative ideas as to how to better deliver a best-in-class consumer experience.
- Achieve revenue and profit margins while achieving brand share objectives for the category.
- Conduct consumer and professional golfer research to identify latent pain points, create and refine product concepts, and validate concepts among the targeted user.
- Manage the product launch to ensure it is on-target, on-cost, and on-time.
- Use consumer research and business analysis to understand the competition, channel dynamics, consumer segmentation & positioning, product segmentation and sales performance.
- Works closely with brand, channel, and Tour/sports marketing team. Work closely with Brand Marketing & Channel Marketing to support on-going priorities, including internal communication process, product presentations, consumer research and competitive intelligence.
- Ensures sales growth through robust integrated marketing plans, while utilizing performance metrics and analytics to gauge program effectiveness and make adjustments to future proposals.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
A minimum of 3 years of product management or marketing experience
A minimum of 3 years of marketing experience in consumer products
A minimum of 2 years of experience collaborating with R&D to develop new products
Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorshipPreferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Business and Marketing, from an accredited institution.
- 7 years Product Management experience at consumer product goods company, retailer or agency experience in sports industry, preferably in the golf industry
- Track record of success building a consumer brand, preferably within the sports industry
- Knowledge of golf industry
- 5 years of experience managing a P&L
- 5 years of experience collaborating with R&D and sales to develop new products
- 5 years of business case development and execution
- 3 years of experience managing creative agencies
- Ability to collaboratively develop and execute product plans with R&D, sales, project management, brand marketing, channel marketing, Tour, agencies of record, and global sales and marketing team.
- Ability to credibly influence people without direct authority. Strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both strategy and analysis.
- Track record of achieving results and solutions oriented.
- Excellent leadership and management skills – can manage up and down effectively.
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally with R&D, sales, operations, and other marketing functions.
- Diplomatic, tactful leader, who can provide leadership, set high standards, foster creativity and flexibility, motivate and be capable of getting teams to work together with a single vision.
- Natural leader and driver with the confidence and conviction to successfully and diplomatically challenge the status quo.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills to accurately and effectively plan and track growth opportunities.
- Excellent in project and financial management skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time