Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Distributor Sales Specialist
Eaton Corporation, Electrical North American Sales (NAS) division located in Pelham, AL has an immediate opportunity for a Distributor Sales Specialist (DSS).
The primary function of Distributor Sales Specialist is to manage the assigned customer base to increase sales in the local marketplace and provide sales and technical assistance to distributors and internal personnel. This position will be responsible for directly interfacing with assigned distributors by providing a variety of sales support and administrative services in inventory management. It is required to identify and coordinate training needs, product promotion administration, product and price information as well as problem resolution in order to optimize Eaton electrical penetration and sales.
primary functions include but are not limited to: providing customer support in
the areas of product capabilities, claims and billing adjustments; achieving
sales goals and executing sales plans within an assigned sales territory and/or
accounts; utilizing established co-worker relationships with plants to
accomplish the strategic plan; support total quality efforts by providing
timely and accurate information for order entry, elevating quality issues to
attention of management; collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence
regarding competitive products, customer needs, preference, and buying habits;
and inventory and promotion management.
- Interface with assigned distributors by providing a variety of sales support and administrative services in inventory management
- Provice sales and technical assistance.
- Train distributors on new products, e-commerce, and Eaton processes while evaluating distributor training needs.
- Conduct local training and/or assisting in registration for Eaton University classes.
- Manage and leverage commitments/Co-op Program while maintaining or creating a point of purchase for distributor counter areas.
- Identify and coordinate training needs, product promotion, administration, product and price information.
- Presolution in order to optimize Eaton Electrical penetration and sales.
- Train distributors on how to use internal programs such as Vista, Bidmanager, and the Commitments program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience in sales, sales support or marketing within distribution, manufacturing or operations.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Strong electrical industry and product knowledge
- Distribution knowledge and/or experience
- Strong product line knowledge
- Ability to learn/teach electronic/computer processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict effectively
- Ability to establish and build customer relationships within the market area
- Eaton electrical product, service, and market knowledge
- Possesses presentation, training and planning skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time