Continuous Improvement Project Manager CI + Logistics – EMEA
Eaton Corporate Division has an opening for :
Continuous Improvement Project Manager - CI + Logistics - EMEA
Location: Czech Republic - Prague
The position responsible for leading the Continuous Improvement (CI+ logistic) function in the specified area (Business or Sub-Region) within EMEA.
Responsible for co-developing and execution of the CI+ logistic plans in the specified area.
Through hands on approach, deploys Lean, Six Sigma and Manufacturing Excellence tools and processes in order to drive cost out goals, achieve performance excellence, improve competiveness and improve customer satisfaction as measured through Profit Plan and Strategic Plan goals.
Support and Leads, if assigned, the development of regional capabilities in the area of Continuous Improvement and Logistic improvements with regards to Lean, Six Sigma and Manufacturing Excellence. Identifies and develops functional and leadership talent. Creates the functional OCA for the Organization.
Drives consistency in logistics processes, methodology and measurement in order to substantially improve levels of productivity and drive down the cost of logistics activities.
Leads engagement activity with Business Sector covering all aspects logistics performance and 3rd party provider activities. This role also includes the development of functional competencies within the business and creating strong alignment between BU operating plans and logistics setups for the future
- Support Senior CI, divisional and site leadership and for co-developing the continuous improvement plans within the specified area of responsibility utilizing Integrated Deck Building and EBS Pull.
- Responsible for execution of the key breakthrough continuous improvement projects (key needle mover projects) within the specified area of responsibility, including the achievement of stretch performance goals.
- Champion Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) tools and processes and use in a disciplined and rigorous way to achieve stretch performance goals while building organizational capability of business and site lean coordinators.
- Responsible for sustaining the results achieved through follow-up reviews, building of local organizational capability and deployment of Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
- Support annual assessments including Operations Assessment (OpA). Help to identify with Senior CI, divisional and site leadership appropriate Opportunities for Advancement and improvement action plans.
- Ongoing mentoring, evaluation and development of business and plant lean coordinators, against the ELSS functional competencies.
- Support the facilitation of top-level training/program on ELSS tools and culture.
- Champion structured problem solving including the application of PDCA to build organizational capability, shape the culture and get results.
- Identify & promote best-practices within the region. Conduct research focused on benchmarking world-class performance and utilize findings to recommend stretch targets to senior leadership.
- Support the development of Six Sigma statistical tools competence and resource as required by the businesses in the region.
- Logistics and supply chain improvement activities with 3rd party providers – ensuring target setting and monthly reporting tools are in place and reported through to Sector Supply Chain Team.
- The ideal candidate will not necessarily be an expert in all Lean, Six Sigma and Manufacturing Excellence tools and processes, but on the other hand will have a strong work ethic, will strive for performance excellence and have the ability to drive change and influence others.
- Ideally the candidate will have experience in deploying and building a strong lean culture.
- This position represents a great career development opportunity for someone eager to learn and who will then progress into a different role.
- A fluent and highly articulate communicator with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Above 75% travel required. Trip duration will normally be 3 to 5 days a week.
- University degree or equivalent in an engineering, technical or related field.
- Fluency in English is essential other European languages would be a significant advantage.
- Multiple years’ experience in manufacturing, warehousing necessary, international experience would be a significant advantage.
- The successful candidate would ideally be able to work from an Eaton base in the region.
- SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Pull System, Standardized Work, 5S, TPM, Setup Reduction and Error Proofing,
- Problem solving tools & methods, including statistics and process variation reduction tools.
- Sound knowledge of material planning, replenishment, scheduling, international & domestic transportation, warehousing and distribution practices.
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time