Human Resources Manager
Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening for a Human Resources Manager in Belmond, IA.
Lead the human resources function toward the plant’s strategic objectives while complying with all federal and state regulations and ensuring alignment with the Eaton Philosophy and Values. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a Zero Incident Safety Culture.
- Represent the Human Resources function on the leadership team in helping set and manage the strategic direction, profitability and performance goals for the facility.
- Develop and lead the Human Resources strategy with direct linkages to facility strategic plan.
- Develop and implement company policies and procedures consistent with the Eaton Philosophy.
- Administer corporate and divisional Human Resources policies, procedures and directives.
- Direct and coordinate the recruitment, selection, promotion, and succession processes.
- Develop and administer wage and salary programs that are competitive in the market and internally equitable.
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations to create an exceptional work environment for employees, effectively detour unionization drives, and control labor costs through reduced turnover.
- Create and direct innovative employee involvement and recognition programs.
- Develop and implement strategy for compliance with the plant Affirmative Action Plan, as well as federal and state legislation.
- Drive continuous plant improvement through effective performance management.
- Administer and monitor corrective action procedures to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees.
- Manage the data integrity of the Human Resources information systems. Direct the training and organizational development activities through an effective training needs analysis and establishment of an annual plan for employee growth.
- Represent the facility in matters relating to unemployment and workers’ compensation hearings, and EEOC investigations.
- Promote Eaton’s corporate image by participating in community activities and charitable events.
- Ensure Quality Policies and Systems are thoroughly implemented in the Human Resources function while making sure the policies and procedures meet the requirements of TS-16949.
- Assist implementation of Eaton Business System and support of all initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years applicable work experience in human resources is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Demonstrated strategic thinking capability and business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interaction with all levels of the organization
- Strong facilitation/ coaching skills
- Strong employee relations skills with the proven ability to drive change and drive leadership ownership/accountability
- Strong drive for results and sense of urgency; data and metrics-driven
- Strong project management skills with ability to lead a cross-functional business team
- Commitment to employee engagement and continuous improvement
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, organizational development or business management from an accredited institution
- Master's degree in business or human resources from an accredited institution
- HR certification (PHR or SPHR)
- Strong leader of people with proven capability to empower, motivate and develop others
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time