Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
SIOP Demand Analyst, Lead
Eaton's Vehicle Group Materials function is looking for a Lead-SIOP for the Engineer Air Management product line to be based in Galesburg, MI.
This position coordinates and manages demand planning, capacity management and inventory for the Valves business segments within the EAM (Engine Air Management) Product line of Vehicle Group North America
This role will develop, maintain and monitor customer demand plans on a monthly basis. This will be achieved by integrating product mix with total volume, operational plans with strategic/profit plans all while working pro-actively to maintain optimum balance between supply and demand, operational capacity and working capital. This is to ensure operation efficiencies to meet customer on time delivery in the most profitable way.
The role requires active teamwork with Materials Planning, Supply Chain, Finance, Operations and Plants Materials teams. This individual will work closely with these teams on a daily or as needed basis to, maintain accurate and up to date operations planning data, build rate information, inventory levels in min-max range, customer past dues and on time delivery. This will include updating and maintaining information for publishing, tracking, and driving metrics as part of the SIOP process.
As part of this responsibility, this individual will also be directly accountable for the integration of make/buy sourcing, addressing inventory in non-nettable sub-inventories, slow moving, excess and obsolete inventory for disposal. This position will also be responsible for various performance metrics including OTD, Forecast Accuracy, DOH, etc.
- Develop the aggregate Demand Plan (12-18 month rolling demand forecast) and supporting assumptions on a monthly basis for financial rolling forecasts and support the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning Process and on an annual basis to drive Profit Plans.
- Develop, document, update and challenge the factors and assumptions supporting the demand plan. Understand demand segmentation driven by sale volume and demand variability to determine inventory and forecasting strategies as well as action plans to reduce forecast variation.
- Develop product mix forecasts as input for Material planning / SCM based on the aggregate demand plan.
- Provide detailed input to sales and marketing for use in the demand consensus review and executive SIOP meetings. Measure and report actual vs. planned performance overall by market segment (product line), customer locations, product family, model mix, etc.
- Monitor and maintain the demand plan performance (forecast accuracy) at various levels within the product structure. Participate in analysis of the cause or error to ensure continuous improvement of the overall process.
- Manage the monthly capacity commodity file.
- Provide a monthly financial SIOP data for Division and Plant financial rolling forecasts to include intercompany demand.
- Work with Eaton international locations directly on Forecast production volumes at their plants.
- Manage minimum and maximum inventory levels to align inventory to Sales targets determined by SIOP.
- Create and update the monthly inventory rolling forecast for Division financial rolling forecasts.
- Work with plant materials team to find opportunities for improvement on Inventory management and execute action as appropriate. (Lead time reduction, E&O, slow move, non-nettable, etc.
- Manage cycle count process, root cause analysis and drive for inventory accuracy improvements.
- Track production output in conjunction with SIOP, including weekly demand and capacity reports for operations planning.
- Facilitates daily production meetings to supply information on the status of material and provides ship dates.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of two years experience in Demand Planning, Master Scheduling, Plant Operations, or Materials.
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain/Materials, Sales/Marketing from an accredited institution preferred
- Plant Operations experience is preferred
- International supply chain experience preferred
- Position may require travel to Eaton plants (both domestic and international) and customer locations.
- Position requires a strong sense of urgency in order to respond in a timely fashion to critical customer and plant requests. Required flexibility to accommodate deadlines and time zones as needed.
- Position requires a unique accountability level, daily, weekly, monthly and long-term, driven by forecast accuracy metrics and action plans to reduce variability.
- Lead and/or support mid- to large-sized project efforts in process improvement for the integrity of data systems and tools. This may include gathering and documenting user requirements, developing project plans.
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision.
- Position requires excellent communication and problem-solving skills, proficiency with various systems such as: Oracle VCP, Demantra, Sharepoint, Cognos- BI, Supplier VIS, Microsoft Office, PC skills, high degree of product knowledge, persistent follow-up, a team attitude and customer oriented approach to daily tasks and overall outlook.
- Good understanding of markets (customers, end-customers and competitors) and how our products service those markets. Provide managerial support in absence of the manager.
- Extensive understanding of SIOP process and how the customer build schedules and shutdowns impact Eaton plant production, including timing of that impact.
- Ability to drive process improvements to enhance & streamline SIOP process maturity.
- Ability and experience generating and analyzing statistical forecasts preferable.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time