Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
He/She will function in the front line leadership capacity for 25 to 60 direct reports.
- Manage and enforce safety standards, following all safety rules and procedures including PPE standards and addressing unsafe conditions. Understand and meet all department safety goals
- Ensure that production demands are met by all departments; this includes leading the Manufacturing Technicians, Product Line Coordinators and support functions (materials, Engineering, OpEx, etc.) to deliver a quality, on-time product.
- Manage Portland Power Center’s shipping/receiving lead and material handling teams who are dedicated to all PPC’s production lines. (5-6 direct reports).
- Establish new and update standard works, review and standardize processes, and perform daily tier meetings, review daily goals, interrupters, and metrics.
- Perform continuous process checks and optimize the functions of one’s department to effectively meet customer needs while minimizing costs utilizing Lean tools (VSM, error-proofing, standard work, etc.).
- Meet with Engineers and key Manufacturing Technicians to review engineering drawings prior to production release.
- Provide final quality check on completed build prior to shipment
- Maintain daily statistics on customer demand, production, and overdue orders. Communicate production metrics to management and other functional supervisors and maintain active communications between all levels of plant personnel.
- Serve as a central point of contact for management and sales in regards to production issues and shipping schedules in one’s functional area
- Ensure that department work areas are kept clean, organized and orderly per 5S standards.
- Motivate and develop one’s workforce as to optimize successful employees and ensure strong employee performance. Lead in the coaching and counseling activities surrounding one’s employees while simultaneously administering and maintaining Eaton Corporation policies and plant policies. Explain the necessities of new policies, technologies and processes as they are implemented.
- Evaluate workload requirements to ensure proper and adequate manning to support production requirements. Delegate tasks and responsibilities accordingly as governed by customer demand.
- Investigate and solve quality issues and/or serve as a point of contact through which quality issues can be resolved. Ensure that employees know the importance of quality and enforces follow-through.
- Works with quality control team to resolve issues and regularly reviews quality trends in the market.
- Coordinate the line preparation for bi-annual inventories and ensure Kanban system is turning properly in assigned areas.
- Complete other projects or duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in manufacturing/operations
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
• 1 year of experience in a manufacturing management/supervisory role
• Strong Eaton Electrical product knowledge
• Knowledge of Eaton applications (Bid Manager, POM, AS400, Vista)
• Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles
• Strong business acumen
• Knowledge of basic electricity
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent facilitation and communication skills including oral, written and listening
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time