Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PC Application Developer
Eaton’s Electrical Automation Solutions Division has an opening for a PC Application Developer. The PC Application Developer will be located in Montreal.
As a recognized employer of choice, Eaton Corporation recruits and retains talented employees who are interested in making a long-term commitment to an organization that continually invests in the latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment as well as its employees. Eaton’s Energy Automation Solutions business has an immediate opening for a PC Application Developer. We are looking to fill this position in Montréal. The Energy Automation Solutions (EAS) division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability, automation and control, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency and smart operations. The EAS business serves customers in the utility, commercial, industrial, mining, renewable energy and other markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, five Innovation Centers around the world, more than 10,000 patents held globally, and its award-winning solutions in power delivery, power quality, power reliability and end customer automation in the utility space. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources.
Essential Functions :
As a member of the development team, the PC Application Developer is responsible for developing new features in an existing Eaton EAS software product.
He participates in all product development phases. He assesses product requirements, specifies feature designs, codes, documents test results, issues releases and produces software documentation. The Developer is also reviewing code written by other peers to ensure robust and satisfying coding among many other duties.
· Provides best approach for new features development.
· Investigate and efficiently correct problems.
· Participates in the system architecture definition.
· Writes code which will follow standards to implement the retained functional solutions.
· Documents unit testing and integration tests, review code written by other peers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences.
- 1- 3 year experience in PC application development (front-end and server).
- Relocation is not offered for this position and candidates must reside within an 80 km radius.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Strong aptitude for teamwork.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and business functional level in English.
- Proficiency in C#.
- Excellent knowledge of XML and Database (SQL)
- Experience with Microsoft Entity Framework.
- Understanding of typical software architecture and best-practices for software development.
- Knowledge of computer architecture and enterprise system design concepts.
- Knowledge of secure development practices.
- Knowledge of power systems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No