Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Power Quality Division is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst. The Senior Financial Analyst will be based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for managing the process of gathering, analyzing and reporting on information used to communicate operating results, performance measures and ad hoc information via reports, presentations, emails, instructions and memos in a timely and accurate manner. This will ensure that the Raleigh Area Plant Leadership and support functions are receiving critical information needed to perform their jobs.
- Performs the monthly closing & rolling forecast processes for the Raleigh Operations business and provides high quality, timely, and accurate information for the Raleigh leadership team and supporting functions
- Performs analysis/reconciliations of balance sheet and miscellaneous P&L accounts on a monthly basis. Reviews and resolves variances. Prepares monthly Balance Sheet analysis and leads review with management
- Responsible for the tracking, recording and analyzing of product costs. Maintains internal control on Inventory ensuring reliable financial reporting and the safeguarding of assets for the Raleigh Operations
- Coordinates the annual physical inventory and ensures the accuracy of inventory making adjustments and performing analysis as needed
- Performs reporting requirements related to the Raleigh Operations Balance Scorecard and distribution of results
- Provides support in gathering, analyzing and consolidating the annual profit plan and strategic plan while serving as a liaison between the budget owners and finance
- Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives. Prepare meaningful variance analysis commentary for management
- Serves as SAP super user expert for the plant financial function; leads ongoing SAP training efforts for finance function
- Assists with the recommendation, development, and implementation of process improvements in support of department goals
- Serves as financial business partner to budget owners in monthly forecasting, financial reporting & analysis, and annual development of detailed department budgets
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement
- All duties assigned by management and deemed pertinent to the continued success of Company and employee objectives and/or goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a finance or accounting function is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Raleigh, NC facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience in SAP
- Previous experience in systems including Oracle Financials and Khalix
- Two years of experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or two years of experience performing cost accounting/financial analysis/variance analysis
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to operate with high regard to integrity, trust, and confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous time critical tasks, assignments
- Ability to think strategically in a constantly changing business environment and market
- Working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- High customer focus, should be able to gauge the needs of a variety of internal customers and adapt delivery style or level of detail as appropriate
- Attention to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No