Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operator II - MR11 (2nd Shift)
Eaton located in Middlesex, NC has an opening for a Braiding Operator – 2nd Shift.
Experienced level of machine operator requiring the ability to follow written instructions and read blueprint specifications. Under moderate supervision, sets up and operates alternately more than one type of production machine on a limited range of production work, involving close tolerances and set-ups, which are exacting, but not usually highly involved or difficult. Adjusts machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, feeds and operation sequence are ordinarily prescribed.
Operator II can fully operate all functions within one of the cells below:
- Specialty – Set up and operate wire-winders, yarn-winders and braiders to provide a braid on the Teflon® hoses. Primarily working with Aerospace products.
- MR11 – Set up and operate wire-winders and braiders to provide a braid on the Teflon® 11-mil hose. Primarily working with Industrial products.
- OMA 140/240 - Set up and operate wire-winders and braiders to provide a braid on the Teflon® 8-mil, 10-mil and 12-mil hoses.
- Operator I who is capable of fully operating production equipment and managing inspection and packing of products within multiple cross-functional cells.
- Braiding: Strip and set-up braider as required.
- Winding: Strip and set-up winders.
- Proof test: Places coil of hose in tester, hook up to clamps and pressure test with water to proper specifications.
- Finishing: Inspect hose to make sure that specifications are met. Coils and tag the hose to prepare it for shipping. May place in crate or box based on customer specifications.
- Perform duties relative to production in the assigned area and is able to operate all equipment and machinery in the assigned area.
- Produce a quality product, safely, on-time, and with the least cost possible.
- Review work orders, specifications or instructions to determine material, ingredients, procedures, components and settings. Accurately record data on process travelers.
- Accurately complete computer transactions as necessary (labor & scrap transactions, inventory disbursements & cycle counts, expense items, etc.).
- Participate in cell/team activities including, but not limited to, team meetings, problem-solving, Kaizen events, etc.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment through effective housekeeping, 5S and TPM practices.
- Follow all plant, safety, and environmental rules and regulations. Support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
- Model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must live within a 50 mile radius of Middlesex, NC. No relocation benefit is provided.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Good interpersonal skills/teaming ability
- Ability to learn computer transactions
- Ability to learn and successfully operate production equipment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- 2-3 years of machine or equipment operator experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No