Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operator III - Silicone (2nd Shift)
Eaton located in Middlesex, NC has an opening for Operator III- Silicone 2nd shift.
- Set up, operate and monitor extrusion line: Set up equipment according to Silicone Extrusion Checklist; check the condition of required tooling; install correct tooling and adjust tooling as necessary
- Set up, operate and monitor ultrasonic cleaner
- Clean up after a run: remove, clean, and inspect tooling. If the tooling is in good working condition, return to the tooling cabinet. If not, contact Engineering.
- Change over: remove excessive silicone material (in equipment/on parts) from last run and reinstall cleaned parts/tooling
- Proof test: Places coil of hose in tester, hook up to clamps and pressure test with water to proper specifications.
- Finishing: Inspect hose to make sure that specifications are met. Coils and tag the hose to prepare it for shipping. May place in crate or box based on customer specifications.
- Crane/Hoist Operation: Operators must safely operate the crane/hoist to transport poles and product through the department.
- Perform duties relative to production in the assigned area and is able to operate all equipment and machinery in the assigned area.
- Produce a quality product, safely, on-time, and with the least cost possible.
- Review work orders, specifications or instructions to determine material, ingredients, procedures, components and settings. Accurately record data on process travelers.
- Accurately complete computer transactions as necessary (labor & scrap transactions, inventory disbursements & cycle counts, expense items, etc.).
- Participate in cell/team activities including, but not limited to, team meetings, problem-solving, Kaizen events, etc.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment through effective housekeeping, 5S and TPM practices
- Follow all plant, safety, and environmental rules and regulations. Support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
- Model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area, 50 miles of Middlesex, NC will be considered.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Ability to solve complex math problem.
- Good interpersonal skills/teaming ability
- Ability to learn computer transactions
- Ability to learn and successfully operate production equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No