Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director of Finance, CTO's Office
As a key member of the CTO office leadership team and Eaton Intelligent Power Limited, this role advises and makes recommendations to the CTO on all financial aspects of the strategy and decision making around the development, enhancement, maintenance, protection and exploitation of intellectual property used in connection with the manufacture and servicing of all products sold by Eaton. This role maintains controllership of CTO’s financial and accounting activity globally for the operations of Eaton Intelligent Power Limited located in Dublin, Ireland; Innovation Centers in Prague, Czech Republic and Pune, India; and the global Corporate Research & Technology organization. In addition, this position will have accountability to collaborate with the Electrical and Industrial sectors to manage the global R&D budget.
- Manages team responsible for profit plans, strategic plans, monthly forecasts, goals & objectives for CTO office including Corporate Research & Technology (CRT) and Innovation Center
- Consolidates worldwide R&D financial information for review with senior technology leadership and sector and divisional management
- Provides direction and establishment of priorities for creative undertakings including ”blue sky” research and review of project risk and risk mitigation strategies including whether to lay off project risk or decline a project based on risk
- Provides financial analysis and recommendations on the selection of the most appropriate intellectual property funding including make / buy analysis
- Analyzes and recommends whether to continue funding or terminate projects including e.g., coordination with the Global Treasury function to determine appropriate internal and external funding sources, foreign exchange considerations and the like; the design and control of research programs;
- Establishes strategic decision making regarding intellectual property development programs and management of R&D budgets (including e.g., assessing how the risks related to projects may impact the expectations in relation to the returns on funding provided or additional funding required);
- Supports efforts to protect all IP against unauthorized appropriation or imitation (including e.g., helping to assess damages for past infringement, the upside of enjoining infringing activity and damages for lost profits); and
- Partner with transfer pricing teams to provide appropriate documentation between the Eaton Center for Intelligent Power and related parties and supporting pricing exercises with unrelated parties (including e.g., assessing creditworthiness of potential funding recipients).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading people
Minimum of 10 years of progressively complex accounting/finance or business analysis experience, including large business/group experience, US GAAP, international accounting standards
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Skilled in general, managerial, cost, and corporate accounting practices with a broad understanding of statistical techniques and financial relationship
- Knowledge on transferring pricing strategy
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to observe, evaluate, summarize, and communicate highly complex issues and make decisions based on those observations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact effectively and influence employees at all levels within the organization
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to resolve issues
- High standard of customer service/support
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and other Eaton accounting policies and procedures
- Ability to work with employees of diverse cultures
- Sense of urgency, drive for results, and a focus on accuracy, integrity, and ethical behavior.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time