Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Machine Operator (1st Shift)
- May setup conventional machines for lesser skilled operators. Setups exacting but not difficult to obtain.
- Operate NC and CNC machines and single-spindle chucking machines. May assist others in setting up these machines as directed.
- Work from, operation sheets, blueprints, programs and tapes as required.
- Make normal range of conventional setups using all necessary machine attachments; involving selection of jigs, fixtures, tooling, speeds, feeds, knockoffs and variation of sequence according to conditions and material where close tolerances are required between holes and surfaces for concentricity, parallelism and squareness.
- Set stops and adjust timing or interrelated multi-cut machining operations.
- Replace dull or broken tools. Change tooling, load automatic tool changes and maintain quality standards by checking parts with adjustable or fixed gauges.
- Check first piece for accuracy and maintain quality standards by checking parts using fixed or adjustable gauges at prescribed intervals.
- Assist in isolating and correcting malfunctions in machining and control units. D
- etect defective material, blueprint errors and faulty operations and report irregularities for correction to supervisor.
- Perform various internal operations related to producing a finished product including simple assembly and packing using special care in preparation and inspection of all mating surfaces in explosion-proof product.
- Maintain work area, machines and control units in a safe, clean, neat and orderly condition.
- Perform Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities such as minor maintenance that includes cleaning, inspection, minor lubrication and tightening loose bolts. Refer unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Follow standard or prescribed safety regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of six months machinist experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position.
Experience working with both manual and CNC machines
Experience working with blueprints, schematics, and related drawings
Familiar with machine shop math
- Moderate physical effort equivalent to continuous light, frequent average, occasional heavy manual effort applied in various ways in performance of job duties.
- Application of some specialized knowledge and experience the use of judgment to plan and perform a sequence of operations or procedures within the limits of standard or recognized methods and established precedent.
- The ability to use shop mathematics together with the use of blueprints, charts, tables, specifications, and a variety of precision making instruments such as micrometers, gauges and the like requiring interpretation in their various applications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No