Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Software Technical Evangelist
- Interact directly with customers to deliver engaging and thoughtful demonstrations of Eaton’s data center software platforms both in person and via web meetings.
- Lead on site deployment engagements of software services to deliver up to full white glove deployments of Eaton’s Software platforms.
- Deliver deployments with technical know-how including working knowledge of Linux, software architectures, databases and networking aptitude.
- Interact directly with product management and technical resources to understand the solution roadmap and technical integrations.
- Proactively communicate customer needs/requirements for product enhancements and offerings to the product platforms.
- Develop sales tools/documentation to assist in the proper application/sales practices.
- Drive sales team enablement and training on the platforms.
- Develop customer facing trouble-shooting and installation service structure/documentation.
- Participate in trade shows as appropriate.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited institution
Minimum of 3 years of technical software experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
Ability to learn, articulate, and support complex software and networking technologies
Ability to understand the function, technology, features, benefits and value that our software products and services deliver to the customer.
Ability to communicate business information and customer messaging in an engaging and persuasive manner for best retention and impression
Ability to include a deep understanding of customer needs and wants identified through a combination of available internal and external information sources
Ability to demonstrate strong presentation, verbal and written skills
Ability to multitask, complete projects with tight deadlines and proven technical IT capabilities.
Ability to demonstrate proficient interpersonal savvy
Experience in Electrical and/or IT/Electronic industry
Experience with data center market, data closet market and the IT channel
Experience with customer meetings and presentations
Good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD DPQ Distributed Power Quality
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time