Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Electrical Designer
Eaton’s Electrical Omaha Power Center has an opening for a Lead Electrical Designer. This position will be located in Omaha, Nebraska.
Primary Functions of the Role:
Prepare all necessary electrical drawings for assigned projects including, but not limited to, one-line, panel fronts, three-line, schematic, and wiring diagrams for complex assemblies based upon customer specifications and information provided by customer engineering (COE); perform a wide variety of activities requiring the application of drafting principles, drafting standards, and related technical knowledge.
Essential Functions Include:
- Prepare complex layouts, circuit diagrams, sketches and drawings relating to new and modified equipment specifications. Incorporate design direction from customer engineering to ensure correct interpretation of the product order.
- Assist customer engineering (COE) with the analysis and interpretation of customer inquiries relating to assemblies, during the engineering and manufacturing phases.
- Develop special layout and sketches for engineering tests to determine the acceptance applications, operating characteristics, or performance of components of assemblies.
- Prepare necessary information to ensure efficient and timely material procurement, manufacturing testing, and installation of assemblies.
- Compile data required for project assignments and develop reports, nameplate lists, cable schedules, and other related written documents as required.
- Maintain contact with manufacturing and engineering personnel to review and discuss diagrams, modifications, adjustments, and progress of work relating to the design and manufacture of equipment.
- Contact the Engineering Department Lead Engineer, the Master Electrical Designer, or customer engineering (COE) to verify circuit operation or to suggest methods to correct errors.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment.
- Provide input and feedback for continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience with AutoCAD
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Omaha, Nebraska. will be considered.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- One (1) year of experience preparing complex layouts, circuit diagrams, sketches and drawings relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as customer engineering interpretation.
- An associate Degree in Drafting & Design, Industrial Electronics or Electronic Engineering Technology that includes coursework in drafting principles (CAD), physics, elements of electricity and mechanics.
- Experience with Microstation and/or other drawing management software
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No