Manufacturing Engineer - Electromechanical Process Focus Team
Eaton Hydraulics Division has an opening for :
Manufacturing Engineer - Electromechanical Process Focus Team
Location: Havant - UK
The role is part of a multi-disciplined team and will report into a Process Focus Team Manager with indirect reporting into the Manufacturing Engineering functional manager.
Support the manufacture of valve products from a technical and process improvement perspective, driving Product Focus Team performance metric achievement (safety, delivery performance, quality, cost etc.).
Develop and implement future strategies for manufacture, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and to manage capital projects from conception through to successful implementation on time and to cost budget.
- To develop and implement new manufacturing processes and methods which are flexible, agile and robust in support of ongoing manufacturing requirements.
- To define, measure, analyze and present capital opportunities which include innovative and breakthrough solutions that challenge the traditional approaches to manufacturing.
- To develop and maintain production related documentation to ensure process control (FMEA’s, Control Plans, Standardized Work Documentation etc. in consideration of the requirements of EQS etc.).
- To develop and implement new manufacturing methods to reduce costs and improve process performance (efficiency, quality, scrap, waste elimination etc.).
- To investigate and analyze and current methods and processes utilizing data analysis tools and techniques to identify opportunities for improvement, process or design changes that will increase operational efficiencies and reduce costs.
- As a key member within the Product Focus Team (PFT) organization, the individual will be accountable for identifying the leading metrics which will ensure the achievement of top level performance metrics of the PFT.
- To ensure manufacturing routings and Bills of Materials are reflective of current manufacturing processes and product design in compliance with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) rules.
- As a key member of the Product Focus Team organization, the individual will contribute to the annual profit planning process, identifying cost-out opportunities and performance improvements via lean activities, make versus buy analysis, waste elimination activities etc..
- To work as part of the team responsible for the management of new product introductions from design concept to manufacture, supporting product and process qualification activities in conjunction with Design Engineering.
- To monitor and analyze manufacturing expenditure costs (tooling, maintenance) to ensure manufacturing cost control and accurate expense forecasting.
- To prepare capital forecast and manage capital projects to completion within project time lines and budget expenditures.
- The incumbent will be required to mentor production staff, ensuring the transfer of process knowledge to production personnel.
- Ongoing review of current processes with a view to continuous improvement
- Strong experience in engineering design and product reliability concepts
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, etc.
- Experience with Six Sigma concepts and tools as they relate to minimizing process / product variability – i.e. regression analysis, design of experiments, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gauge R & R, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Understanding of ProLaunch / APQP New Product Introduction processes.
- Proficiency in various software applications – i.e. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, MiniTab, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, TS19649, etc.).
- Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design / process interface).
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support facilities competencies – i.e. machining, tool design, process design / layouts, product testing, etc.
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time