Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Perform test of functional operation of ATS, Panelboards, Switchboards, and any potential new product. Perform final mechanical inspection (torque, dimensional, etc.); ensuring products are functioning correctly, safely and meet quality requirements before approving for shipment.
Occupational Health and Safety
• Comply with the Occupational Health and Company safety policies and guidelines including Eaton’s Life Saving Rules, specifically Electrical Safe Work Practices, Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) and Tow Motor Safety
• Adhere to ISO 14001 policies and procedures.
Job Functions/Position Requirements
• Inspect components and sub-assemblies for conformance to drawings and specifications. Verify dimensions, routing, wire, clearance and accuracy of manufacturing information.
• Work from blueprints, specifications, wiring diagrams or schematics and written or verbal instructions from supervision/engineering department.
• Inspect coordination between the manufactured units and other equipment (transformers, MCC, etc.)
• Perform inspection of bus bar (quantity and size); support bracing and proper bus to bus clearance.
• Electrical inspection of devices such as breaker, switches, meters and IQ data. Verify correct assembly when applicable.
• Perform electrical functional test and/or testing to simulate field conditions. Troubleshoot and identify rework required to address the issue(s).
• Develop expertise in: Product styles, control schemes, Magnum DS Breakers, Hydro bus ducts, mechanical and electrical interlock schemes; PLC functionality, electrical circuits, controller operation and custom programming for ATC300, ATC600, ATC800; ATC900; IQ Series, PowerXpert and testing of communication wiring and ground fault schemes/protection/relays.
• Perform high potential dielectric (Including special requirements: TVSS, current limiters, Utility requirements.)
• Perform final inspection on complete assemblies (Final “sign-off”). Approve unit for shipment to customer.
• Perform incoming inspection to components from suppliers or customers (RMA’s) that require testing and or have critical requirements determined by engineering (clearances, safety requirements, dimensions). Update systems as required.
• Support shop floor on raising issues on non-conforming product.
• Perform inspection to Non-conforming components. Provide input for disposition of components.
• Actively participate on quality processes such as: Quality holds, Quality alerts, Rework of assemblies and calibration.
• Participate in the deployment of quality initiatives on the shop floor including Root Cause Analysis
• Provide inputs and recommendations regarding product and process improvement. Develop processes as required.
• Resolve manufacturing test and quality problems through interaction with appropriate personnel, e.g. engineering, production assemblers, Quality Champion,
• Provide assistance and guidance to the assembly operation and engineering on problem solving, trouble shooting and sequence of orders.
• Document and maintain inspection and test records/ Test and Inspection database.
• Assemble and wire products as required for all product lines:
• Build mechanism assembly
• Assemble pan, bus and mount brackets
• Ensure proper torque of bus and phase connectors
• Wiring and wire crimping
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Certified to test all products within 18 months from date of hire.
• Ability to work stagger shift start time and second shift.
• Report any deficiencies in systems, facilities, machinery, equipment and/or tools
• Record and/or report product damage/nonconformities
• Gather data and enter into database as directed by supervisor for First Pass Yield.
• Comply with EQS (Eaton Quality System) policies and procedures.
• Participate and contribute to continuous improvement (Eaton Lean System).
• Comply with ISO 9001 policies and procedures.
• Implement Lean manufacturing at a departmental level through the use of lean tools and philosophies.
High school diploma and a one or two year technical program in electrical/electronics with mechanical applications from an accredited institution.
Minimum of 3 years of experience with AC and DC power.
Minimum of 3 years of testing and troubleshooting electrical equipment.
Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
Relocation is not offered for this role. Only candidates residing within an 80km radius of Milton, ON will be considered.
Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Experience with PLC programming and software
Proficient in Windows based applications – metering software (Eaton, GE, Allen Bradley, Schneider)
Knowledge of CSA, UL, hydro and company quality requirements
Hand, computer, air and power tools, electrical test equipment, various meters, power supplies, resistance testers, power transformers, various measuring devices, and rubber gloves and wire stripper.
Must be aware of and wear proper PPE when testing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No