Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Vehicle Division is seeking a Materials Manager.
Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory to support plant operations while upholding the concept of Just-In-Time inventory and meeting Days On Hand goal. Responsible for administration of purchasing functions and programs according to policies and practices determined by Corporate and generally accepted Accounting and Purchasing Principles, as well as strict adherence to and support of Sarbanes Oxley mandates and guidelines. Maintaining inventory and customer relations and controlling any inventory, purchasing issues and/or customer satisfaction issues are major responsibilities of this position. This includes plant scheduling, forecast accuracy, and profit plan input for sales levels.
- Develops and manages the inventory plan by part number. Defines the appropriate level of raw material, work-in-progress and finished goods for each part, tracks performance to the plan, and develop and implement actions to achieve plan.
- Administer and drive improvement in purchasing function/process to follow corporate, divisional, and local purchasing practices & procedures. Develop, lead and/or communicate organizational plans, SCM policies, quality system procedures, EHS procedures and other related procedures to ensure plant compliance.
- Manage the plant SIOP process and ensure all parties participate (sales, operations, suppliers, finance) as required. Generates forecasts for: sales by customer, production build by product, and inventory along with production requirements from the process. Tracks accuracy to the SIOP forecast
- Manage the necessary information for developing a Master Production Schedule to supply customer demand while maintaining low inventory levels.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the MRP system and ensure controls are in place to establish the correct coding of parts (part set-ups), flow of material (BOM and routing) to allow for uninterrupted supply of material both internally and externally.
- Ensure the cycle counting process is fully deployed and that action plans are developed and root causes of issues are resolved to achieve acceptable inventory accuracy (98+%).
- Maintain good working relationships with customers. This position is the direct communication link with customers in the areas of shipping, packaging, scheduling, and other special requests.
- Manages and develops up to 5 support personnel/FLLs within the department, with a focus on building organizational capability and developing talent.
- Research vendors & purchasing strategies to continually negotiate the best product at the overall best cost and minimize the vendor base while supporting corporate and divisional initiatives. Goal being increased vendor participation, dedication, interaction and control.
- Develop cost reduction programs to meet metrics goal.
- Control traffic functions - maintain approved carrier base, develop & enforce routings, schedule special shipping requirements.
- Coordinate with and support accounting department to drive improvements in key business metrics, processes and controls associated with accounts payable and cost savings.
- Manage service contracts with outside suppliers.
- Deploy TS16949 requirements – section owner.
- Drive corporate expectations for Invoice On-Holds.
- Drive expedient resolution of outstanding debits.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience in a supply chain or operations.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States in a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- CPIM or CPM certification.
- Strong ERP and MRP experience
- APICS certification
- Experience working within Oracle or SAP
- Masters of Business Administration or advanced degree
- Experience using lean tools or working within a continuous improvement environment.
- Leadership experience
- Specialized knowledge of functional areas: Shipping/receiving, purchasing, supplier development, inventory control, cost savings programs, scheduling, and accounts payable.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time