Promotes product sales to existing customers and identifies potential new customers. Develops proposals, assesses customer needs in order to recommend appropriate products/services. May customize product in order to meet client requirements. Provides technical support to clients after the sale of the product, troubleshoots technical problems. May provide technical training to customers staff. Recommends product improvements to design staff in response to customer feedback.
Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
- Recognized Degree in Engineering field from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum of 5 years of Applications or Design experience in a technical or commercial role.
- Must be able to travel as required
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time, as required – May include International Travel
- Additional language skills are plus
- Strong customer facing skills and experience with the ability to present ideas and information accurately and in a clear manner
- Strong change and adaptability skills, analytical with business acumen, able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, internal and customer facing
- Able to communicate customer’s needs to the organization
- Ability to structure creative customer applications solutions and deal effectively with customers
- Proven ability to collaborate with technical and commercial teams in a cross-functional environment
- Integrative / collaborative team working style
- Team player that actively contributes to the group’s success
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Effective use of Computer Technologies, including MSOffice, Outlook, CRM platforms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in addition to strong organizational skills
- Understanding of OEM and Tier 2 accounts
- Commercial vehicle industry knowledge and experience in related markets
- Power Conversion, Power Distribution, Circuit Protection and Vehicle Controls product knowledge
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time