Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Drive and promote zero incident safety culture throughout site and lead development of facility strategic EHS Plan. Work with Plant Manager and staff to implement and execute plan.
- In partnership with the Plant Manager determines EHS goals and appropriate activities for the leadership team, functional managers, and front line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance and results.
- Lead and/or participate in the investigation of employee concerns, EHS Incidents, and employee observations/near misses, along with corrective action development, implementation and follow-up.
- Maintain and communicate EHS metrics as required, to facility, division and/or corporate EHS management.
- Ensure JSA/risk/hazard analyses are performed and are current. Additionally, conduct reviews to implement corrective action plans as needed.
- Work to assign MESH (safety management program) element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Evaluate effectiveness of existing EHS programs (safety gembas, safety committee, and safety related kaizens); develop and implement additional programs as needed, or dictated by division and corporate management.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete annual evaluation of compliance of EHS, local, state and federal regulations. Act as the facility EHS contact with government EHS agencies.
- Responsible for site security initiatives in partnership with site maintenance.
- Work with Human Resources to manage Workers Compensation claim activities, provide requested information and notification to the designated Workers Compensation insurance company representative, and the Eaton Workers Compensation Administrator.
- Additional related duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
Minimum of 5 years of environmental, health and safety experience in a manufacturing environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Relocation is not provided for this role. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Reno, NV will be considered.
Bachelor’s degree in EHS
7+ years of related experience within the EHS function in a manufacturing environment.
EHS certificates such as CSP, ASP, CHMM or similar.
Application and integration of EHS with Lean and six sigma principles.
Leadership experience (directly and indirectly) leading both EHS and non-EHS professionals.
Understanding of all components of an EHS Program, including accident investigation, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, life safety, machine guarding, air permitting, wastewater, hazardous waste, property conservation, and workers’ compensation .
Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work in matrix organization with multiple reporting responsibilities.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time