Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager
Eaton’s Largest Electrical Distribution Center is seeking a Talented Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager for the Duncan, SC facility.
The Manager of Environmental, Safety/Security Health (MESH) is a member of the Spartanburg Leadership Team and leads the safety, security, health and environmental policies of the Spartanburg Distribution Center in conjunction with the Eaton Corporation Global Security requirements and MESH guidelines to drive a Zero Incident Culture for the purpose of making the facilities a safe and productive place to work. Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Provide policy and regulatory guidance in MESH to facility management.
- Coordinate the training of all personnel in the required safety, health and environmental policies.
- Develops/maintains plant emergency response plans and ensures drills are performed to document plan effectiveness. May serve as the plant emergency coordinator.
- Investigates environmental incidents/accidents to determine root causes and prepares and implements corrective action plans
- Prepare and submit required Federal, State and local governmental reports in regard to hazardous waste disposal, air emissions and plant waste discharge.
- Evaluates proposed projects and proposed new chemicals and ensures plans are in-place and implemented to address EHS compliance issues e.g. Ensuring MESH MOC Process is implemented
- Coordinates and assists with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
- Develops/maintains all required written safety plans, e.g., Hearing Conservation, PPE
- Ensures all required plant safety inspections are performed and documented, e.g., fire extinguishers, fire risers, emergency response equipment, safety showers, eye wash stations, emergency lights, ladders, housekeeping and that corrective actions are completed for identified deficiencies
- Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
- Total Recordable Case Rate
- Days Away Case Rate
- All In Safety
- Training Completion Rate
- Letter of Representation (LOR) On Time Submittal
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school
- Minimum 3 years of environmental, health or safety experience or a combination of those functions.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius in order to be considered for this role.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school
- 4+ years of experience in an EHS Management role
- Certified Safety Manager Certification
- Knowledge of state and federal occupational environmental, health and safety and health laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of workers compensation administration
- Effective oral and written communication skills, tact, diplomacy, and performance assessment skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must have strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Effective use of communication and tact with stakeholders.
- Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented.
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change.
- Ability to be energetic, a critical thinker, skilled in driving process improvement.
- Ability to influence and motivate people.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES AMER HQ MFGSC
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time