Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Manager - Vehicle Group, North America
- Manage regional improvements in key quality metrics (ZMPD PPM, LMPD, on-time PPAP, etc.).
- Aggregate Customer Quality Scorecards and Drive Improvement Plans
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction
- Drive Customer Relationship Reviews cross functionally (SCM, Sales, etc.)
- Drive Improvement Plans as needed
- Manage Plant 8Ds and Corrective Action Process to prevent Repeat Issues
- Drive and Implement Quality Strategies to achieve Customer Satisfaction
- Manage Customer Requirements and interface to New Programs. (100+ VG Customers).
- Manage, Assess, Communicate and Monitor changes to Customer Specific Requirements
- Ensure New Product Development Launches meet Customer Requirements
- Engagement in New Program Launches, Escalation of issues/concerns
- PPAP deliverables – Customer and Supplier
- Design Reviews
- Production Readiness/Launch Readiness Reviews
- Ensure product changes align with Customer Requirements (Deviations, ECOs, SCRs)
- Drive a Strategy to achieve Customer Requirements throughout the organization
- Plant Metrics: PPM (External, Internal and Inter-Org), On-Time PPAP
- Divisional Metrics: Warranty, ISO/TS Certification
- Supplier Metrics: SPC, Pass Through Characteristics, Weak Detection, Touchpoints
- Customer Relationship Management - Primary Communication for Customers
- Manage Customer Assessments / Compliance to CQI requirements.
- Ensure Compliance to Special Processes (Heat Treat, Plating, Welding, etc.)
- Manage High Severity Customer Quality Escape within region.
- Manage Customer Quality Award Submissions within region.
- Quality oversight for APQP (Phases 4-6) for ProLaunch NPD.
- Support definition of critical to quality elements of product/process
- Mitigate risks associated with potential failures with Program Mgmt, APQP Engineer
- Responsible to manage the development and competencies of the plant quality managers.
- Ensure sufficient quality support to meet customer satisfaction requirements
- Directly interface & engage Plant OpEx and quality managers to drive systems and quality practices to accelerate improvement in product and process quality.
- Manage Customer Focus Process within region.
- Manage Plant 8Ds (Containment, Corrective Actions, Permanent Corrective Actions)
- Assess metrics and trends, and identify Strategies to improve Customer Satisfaction
- Manage Customer communication for 8Ds (including impacts to customer inventory, warranty, and field service strategies, etc.)
- Develop direct reports and others within the VG organization.
- Support Manufacturing improvements to drive Customer Satisfaction metrics within region.
- # of Customer disruptions
- Internal PPM (dppm)
- Inter-Org PPM
- CONC – Scrap, Premium Freight, Warranty
- Support Ops Reviews
- Support Manufacturing projects within region.
- Support Top Focus sights within region.
- Support Fresh Eyes and DNV audits as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Engineering or related field
- Minimum 7 years of progressive quality management experience
- Minimum 3 years Manager of people experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- 10 years of experience in Quality discipline
- Previous experience in automotive or commercial vehicle industry
- MBA degree from an accredited university
- Strong ability to build relationships (Customers, Suppliers, Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills (8D, A3, etc.).
- Experience in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Experience with ISO/TS.10 years of experience in Quality discipline
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time