Buyer - Stock Items
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for the purchase of raw materials and production consumables at Plant level. A key part of your role will be reviewing and analysing purchase requisitions, investigating and developing sources of supply; preparing routine bid specifications, and issuing bid requests and reviews quotations. You will be required to Administer and manage purchasing activities to ensure the most cost-effective purchase of resources, whilst maintaining adequate levels of inventory and ensuring consistency of product quality to support site targets and objectives.
- You will establish and maintain a positive and effective working relationships with key internal / external customers to gain an understanding of their needs to improve the service provided.
- You will negotiate and manage supply contracts in line with established procedures, on behalf of the Business for the provision of all stock items in the most cost-effective manner, ensuring that goods are scheduled in accordance with production requirements.
- You will drive cost reduction opportunities.
- You will be required to monitor supplier performance in conjunction with relevant personnel (e.g. Managers, Team Leaders, Technical, Quality) to ensure compliance with contractual agreement.
- You will require thorough knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP/SAP)
- You will ensure the required management information, including cost and other variances, is provided in an accurate and timely manner – including recording, monitoring and reporting of Monthly KPI’s.
- Observe and adopt safe working practices in accordance with Company health and safety policy and all relevant health and safety legislation; i.e. HASAWA 1974 etc.
- You will undertake Supplier Quality Audits as required
- Are you able to apply analytical and problem-solving skills, which includes demonstrated knowledge or familiarity with problem solving tools?
- Can you drive value by defining problems and eliminating root causes, and applying solutions for process improvements?
- Do you have sound knowledge of commodity and risk management including vendor selection, purchasing, performance metrics, and continuous process improvement?
- Is your knowledge of MS Office Applications; Excel, Word and PowerPoint to an advance level?.
- Full or part-qualified CIPS or equivalent
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Computer literate, including MS office experience
- At least 2 years’ experience of working as a Buyer – Ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of managing service contracts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject to background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No