Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Bid Manager Support Specialist
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services division is hiring a Bid Manager Support Specialist. This position will be out of our Moon Township, PA office.
This position provides Bid Manager (Bid Manager is Eaton’s proprietary online application that is used for configuring and quoting assembled products and project business in Eaton.) product applications support for Eaton’s Engineering Services division. Responsibility includes the development, execution and maintenance of all Eaton Engineering Service configuration rules. This role will focus on driving automation and efficiencies to align strategic goals and profitability associated with Sales and Operations.
- Maintain attention to Bid Manager detail with focus on the accuracy of the rules and logic which Bid Manager software systems for Eaton Electrical Services and Systems Site Acceptance Testing Takeoff.Collaborate with all product lines, and product managers to maintain Bid Manager platform for Eaton Engineering Service (incl. new product additions, product maintenance, and all pricing updates).
- Develop the definitions of simple and complex rule sets that define Eaton Engineering Service attachment to Eaton Products. Rule sets include engineering validation, business rules, and accompanying scope of work and pricing data.
- Input and manage Bid Manager rules in a proprietary spreadsheet-driven tool (PICK tables) used by the Bid Manager system.
- Lead software testing, software documentation, and user support.
- Manage the testing of Bid Manager and related applications among internal users in the Americas and external sales partners such as manufacturer representatives, original equipment manufacturers, and distributors.Coordinate Sales feedback and work closely with Eaton Bid Manager development team to implement core Bidmanager system / application enhancements within Eaton Electrical Services take-offs.
- Project manage/develop a web-based tool that enables access to sales performance measures (e.g. "Balanced Scorecard") derived from Bid Manager and related applications.
- Coordinate with Product Management, IT, etc. to achieve Bid Manager releases with scheduled price increases, product introductions, and enhancements; and manage PICK table information.
- Coordinate sales, product marketing, engineering and manufacturing entities related to Bid Manager activities.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the Bid Manager output.
- Create and generate business intelligence reports (Negs, Hit Rates, price attainment, etc) for the business via reporting tools.
- Responsible for developing new product takeoffs as required. Knowledgeable about the products, processes and engineering rules for selections.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of electrical distribution products
- Relocation assistance not available for this position. Only candidates located within a 50 mile radius of Moon Township, PA will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United states without company sponsorship
- In-depth product knowledge and/or ability to gather necessary product data when needed.
- Project management skills required ensuring related projects are completed on time. Strong organizational skills
- Experience with software testing or software development background.
- Strong communication skills with direct communication with product line managers, plant engineers, and other product specialists. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to define requirements for enhancements to Bid Manager and communicate those requirements to Business Analysts and Programmers in the Eaton Electrical IT department.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation leadership, is able to come up with new and unique ideas.
- Experience with commercial product configuration software
- Experience with Bid Manager, Vista, C360, Product Data Hub, QlikView, OBIEE and Mentor.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to demonstrate customer focus mindset
- Ability to multitask and work independently – specifically as it relates to handling different type products/parts, managing multiple technical product take-off projects, and performing other tasks in a high transactional, high dollar value orders work environment.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with customers, sales staff, consultants, and contractors to support requirements – both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Computer / IT / Software savvy with ability to design and build product take-off / configurator
- Good logic skills and excellent computer aptitude.
- Ability to be proactive, attentive to detail, task oriented, and able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time