Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Vehicle Group has a need for a talented Maintenance Manager in the Roxboro, NC facility.
The Roxboro, NC facility is a 300 person Tier I automotive supplier situated about an hour outside of the Raleigh area. The facility houses both assembly and machining operations manufacturing valve actuation products and active fuel management lifters for cars and light duty trucks.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership and direction to the maintenance personnel in the assigned area of responsibility, plan and execute Safety, 5S, Preventative and Corrective Maintenance along with a TPM strategy and to support continuous improvement activities.
- Assist with managing contract maintenance providers priorities and ensuring effective cross-training and support for the operations team
- High energy, passion and motivation, to work with maintenance teams to identify innovative improvement suggestions, along with taking the concept through the design and implementation phases. Working in a customer focused manner to support operations.
- Proactively implements, promotes and maintains a Zero Incident Safety Culture, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and rule enforcement.
- Promotes safe work environment and workspace organization through 5S principles
- Acts as a business partner by planning, initiating, leading, measuring and assessing continuous improvement and maintenance process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System (EBS) processes, Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) and problem solving tools such as ELS (Eaton Lean System).
- Promotes a quality culture by demonstrating customer focus and regularly communicating customer feedback to employees in order to facilitate collaborative problem solving, drive continuous quality improvement and ensure alignment/compliance with industry standards.
- Actively leads and participates in setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives and develops and maintains performance metrics as required to monitor results and uses those results as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within own work area. Coordinates and/or participates in continuous improvement teams in own or other areas to enhance plant results.
- Demonstrates leadership taking conceptual improvements to maintenance activities into implementation.
- Fully engages workforce and promotes personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, foster innovation and continuously learn and by providing ongoing feedback on employee performance with formal evaluation provided at least annually.
- Manages budget and works with Engineering Manager to prioritize resources and coordinate maintenance projects. This includes scheduling vacations, training, overtime and shutdown activities.
- Partners with the PLM’s, BTL’s and FLL’s to integrate maintenance planning and resources to support Focus Factory cost savings projects and other continuous improvement activities.
- Assigns design projects and tasks to appropriate personnel to support continuous improvement.
- Develops projects for inclusion in capital budgets in preparation for annual profit planning.
- Manages capital projects for new/rebuilt production equipment to support improvement in reactive maintenance and machine capability. Evaluate new technologies for application in future equipment design.
- Ensures stock room system has component repair parts to cover existing and new projects/equipment. Orders and maintains supplies and materials to sustain both the department and manufacturing maintenance requirements.
- Promotes employee satisfaction and engagement and champions the continuous improvement of year-over-year results as measured by the employee satisfaction survey.
- Follow all environmental health and safety procedures and practices to assure a safe work environment. Ensures that all direct reports are trained in the applicable environmental, health and safety practices for their respective positions. Identifies and corrects unsafe conditions or practices to assure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Reviews and ensure correctness of Preventative Maintenance work orders and ensures timely completion and tracking of PM system
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of prior Maintenance experience
- Minimum 1 year of prior supervisor experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering preferred
- Previous experience building a maintenance team/department
- Experience working with in the Automotive industry
- Prior experience in a machining environment a plus
- Experience managing a department budget, maintenance planning, maintenance/OSHA safety work practices and use of Maintenance Measures/Metrics to drive improvements
- Knowledge of 6-Sigma and other problem solving tools, read/draw blueprints using AutoCAD, and computer experience in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time