Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer - Rotational Position
The Power Systems Engineer - Rotational Position is for individuals with degrees or pursuing degrees in engineering to start a career with Eaton in Waukesha, WI.
The objective of the program is to develop incumbents through practical and hands on experiences in functions like engineering, marketing, customer support and operations, as well as assist in the personal development of leadership competencies through training, networking, and coaching. Each 6 month assignment will help participants develop a wide range of leadership and functional competencies within the respective fields. Upon completion of the program, employees will be ready to embark in career opportunities in engineering/product development, operations, lean manufacturing, marketing, quality, and customer service. All rotations will be geographically based in Waukesha, WI, but may interact with other Power Systems facilities.
Wherever your career aspirations lie, you can cultivate your skills in the Power Systems Engineer - Rotational Position!
**Incumbents will rotate between 2 assignments
- Create multiple transformer proposals, on a daily basis, per customer’s request-for-quote (RFQ), specifications (formal and in-formal), one-lines, and other documentation.
- Process multiple orders, on a daily basis, from both internal and field priced proposals
- Approve and negotiate pricing per established guidelines, competitive feedback, and customer/market knowledge
- Understand and utilize lean tools and concepts to drive continuous improvement.
- Learn and understand applicable industry standards i.e. ANSI, IEEE, CSA, NEMA for transformers
- Designs and development of industrial equipment (Ideally Electro-Mechanical type products)
- Designs and develop equipment with 3D CAD Models and utilizes 3D CAD fit analysis tools
- Creates custom product designs that meet customer requirements
- Provides technical support to manufacturing regarding problems relating to assembly, specification and functional performance
- Collaborates with cross functional teams
- Demonstrate the application of basic Engineering tools/ principles and evidence of creative thinking
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution OR currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Engineering from an accredited institution with an expected graduation date by May 2018.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Waukesha, WI will be considered.
- 3 months Internship, Co-Op, or relevant work experience
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Design engineering, marketing, or operations experience (full time, intern, or co-op)
- Experience in a relevant industry
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting
- Time management and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, etc.)
- Possess a customer focus mindset
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business (i.e. shop floor to senior leadership)
- Learning agility
- Adaptable to change
- Highly motivated/ambitious
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time