Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager - Public Affairs
Eaton is seeking a Manager of Public Affairs, reporting to the Director of Public Affairs. The Manager of Public Affairs will be based at any Eaton facility or remote home office in the United States. No relocation is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work either remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
The Manager of Public Affairs will create and implement strategies for building and protecting Eaton’s interests at the state and local government levels in the U.S. Develops and manages relationships with government agencies, elected officials and their staffs Manages relationships with key trade associations active in the public affairs arena to ensure that Eaton’s views are adequately expressed. Proactively identifies key legislative and regulatory issues impacting Eaton, with a focus on state and local legislation and regulation and partners with local operations and business leaders to create a plan for advocating on Eaton’s behalf. Interacts with Eaton operations to facilitate greater involvement by local Eaton executives and their elected representatives. Engages and manages outside resources (lobbying firms and trade associations). Assists the Director of Public Affairs on key issues as needed. Key Eaton outcomes: driving regulatory change that positively impacts Eaton sales; mitigating the impact of any regulatory/tax burdens on Eaton; and maximizing direct sales opportunities to state and local governments.
- Proactively identifies key legislative and regulatory issues impacting Eaton, with a focus on state and local legislation and regulation and partners with local operations and business leaders to create a plan for advocating on Eaton’s behalf (Key issues are those in which legislation or government regulation can impact sales or costs.)
- Develops relationships with government agencies and elected officials in states and localities in which Eaton has a significant presence, with a goal of driving regulatory change that positively impacts Eaton sales; mitigating the impact of any regulatory/tax burdens on Eaton; and maximizing direct sales opportunities to state and local governments.
- Provides guidance and counsel to sales and business leaders to better leverage sales opportunities with state and local governments.
- Creates guidance and training for Eaton facilities seeking to develop relationships with state and local representatives; provides guidance to facilities in their local government affairs activities.
- Leads Eaton’s “Key Contact Program”, connecting senior Eaton leaders with their elected officials.
- Manages relationships with key trade associations that operate in the public affairs space to maximize the value/impact of the associations’ public affairs activities for Eaton.
- Communicates effectively with internal Eaton stakeholders across all business and functional levels.
- Assists with Eaton’s “grassroots” lobbying strategies, including the manner in which we engage our employees on key issues.
- Engages and directs lobbying firms as needed to address identified key state/local public affairs issues.
- Assists the Director of Public Affairs on managing significant Federal public affairs issues as needed.
- Assists in the management of Eaton’s Political Action Committee as needed.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a government affairs professional and/or key staff member of a member of a federal or state office holder or governmental agency
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ten (10) years experience as a government affairs professional and/or key staff member of a member of a federal or state office holder or governmental agency
- Experience in corporate government affairs
- Understanding of how State governments can affect business operations
- Keen understanding of legislative and regulatory processes
- Interest in and understanding of Eaton’s businesses, and the ability to function as a “bridge” between the regulatory/legislative world and Eaton’s business environment
- Outstanding relationship building and communications skills
- Ability to anticipate emerging issues and develop strategies to respond to them
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Public & Community Affairs
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time