Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Technician – Document Control
Eaton Aerospace Group Fuel and Motion Controls Division located in North Charleston, CA has an opening for a Quality Technician-Document Control-1st shift.
- Responsible for technical assessment and analysis of key quality processes and data, such as being ahead or behind on supplier, customer or internal audits/ahead or behind on Manufacturing Change Orders and Engineering Change Order approvals including Pro Launch.
- Ensuring that documents in the document control system have been reviewed and tracking any open reviews or approvals and escalating to the management team status. Updating metrics and presentations that reflect these conditions.
- Aid the internal auditing team by conducting audits. Checking status of metrics on tier boards, quality council and Management Review presentations to ensure all the necessary data has been updated.
- Establish ‘Learning Processes’ around these reviews to improve general data preparation and compliance and reduce recurrences on common data defects. Recording minutes during these reviews so actions are recorded and addressed.
- Accumulate and distribute data depicting failure rates and types enabling HPWT to focus on negative trends through corrective action.
- Records auditing including documentation, verification and closure of nonconformities and noncompliance identified
- This role will also consist of less than 10% general office related administrative duties such as sort daily incoming mail, ordering weekly office supplies and arrange lunches for meetings when needed.
- Follow all Eaton safety policies and standards
- Fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principles
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma/GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Quality is required.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area will be considered for this position.
- Quality minded and customer orientated
- Strong computer skills including Access, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Attention to detail and be able to interpret technical specifications
- Shift priorities based on customer needs
- Minimum intermediate level in Microsoft Office Products ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No