Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Labor Relations
- Develop the collective bargaining strategy for facilities with union representation across the Electrical Products Group in collaboration with management to meet business objectives
- Develop and maintain sound and healthy labor relations within a Corporate and global relations footprint
- Build labor relations capability in HR leaders through training and certification processes. This include LR capability building, training on bargaining and contract administration, guidance for response to union organizing attempts and coaching on policy interpretation.
- Develop and implement union awareness programs and appropriate responses to union campaigns through planning, positive employee relations programs, site vulnerability assessments, campaign strategies, legal defense, policy review, education, and communications
- Provide expertise in the investigation and resolution for legal inquiries such as EEOC claims, OFCCP desk audits, FLSA audits NLRB Unfair Labor Practice Charges, WARN
- Assess and provide counsel regarding legislative and arbitration decisions, industry trends and threats and stay informed of political actions that may impact the labor environment of the Company.
- Process and manage arbitration and administrative litigation efficiently to ensure minimum liability on the part of the Company
- Identify and address labor relations issues in acquisitions and divestitures
- Train management in labor relations developments, practices and labor contract administration
- Maintain global data base of unionized plants, including demographics and relevant contractual/legal obligations.
- Minimize risk/exposure to large monetary settlements for labor contract violations, agency charges, or unlawful treatment.
- Assist with special projects as needed
Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution required.
Minimum 8 years of labor relations experience in a global manufacturing environmentPosition Criteria:
- Knowledge of collective bargaining including understanding of the union organization process, contract negotiations, grievance handling up through arbitration level, multi-employer pension plans and labor and employment law including the National Labor Relations and Taft-Hartley acts
- Knowledge and experience with Works Councils in Europe and knowledge of emerging Labor and employment trends in Asia and Latin America
- Experience developing and implementing labor relations strategies that align with cost and business objectives
- Experience running successful union free campaigns at manufacturing and distribution facilities
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to manage conflict to resolution with demonstrated results
- Ability to navigate through a matrix environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Must be able to travel for business as required up to 30%
- MBA or Master’s in Human Resources, Labor/Industrial Relations or Juris Doctorate
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG Electrical Products Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time