Application Engineer (m/f) - Electronics & Software
- Provides high level applications support in Eaton`s PMC products, systems and subsystems within in EMEA with main focus in Electronics and Software.
- Drives the overall platform strategy to meet performance expectations and requirements Creation of product presentations
- Provides technical input to sales proposals based on customer needs and expectations, ensuring these match Eaton’s capability and offerings. Translates customer drawings, specifications and written requests into Eaton products / systems. Reviews industry and customer specifications for compliance.Advises and influences customers, creating and developing opportunities for Eaton
- Takes ownership for meeting defined platform sales goals. Prepares technical presentations to create platform understanding and awareness
- Builds close relationships with key personnel within key customers to enhance long term business prospects. Has credibility with customer and in industry market place
- Advises and influences customers, creating and developing opportunities for Eaton
- Collects customer intelligence and monitors competitive market data.Identifies opportunities for new and extension business in short and longer term by recognizing and documenting market trends, development trends, accurate knowledge of the competition products and the specific situation on the customer side. Supports & drives new market trends and techniques in new or better product solutions together with product -management and engineering
- Plans, organizes and manages projects to completion on time. Works with other Eaton divisions to maximize corporate sales opportunities. Close collaboration with the sales, product management and engineering departments to support all activities to increase sales, customer satisfaction and long-term relationship. Provides technical input to sales proposals based on customer needs and expectations, ensuring these match Eaton’s capability and offerings
- Applies product, runs final installation, data recording and troubleshooting. Handles multiple projects simultaneously with emphasis on key customer prioritization.
- Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Handles electronic data acquisition and measurement systems to collect system data for performance analysis.
- Coordinates input from manufacturing, customer service, pricing, sales, product management, customers, and others as required
- Planning and conducting of product and system training courses, seminars, customer support at trade fairs and end customer presentations as well as teaching events.
- Uses the respective EATON-CRM, currently C360 for the administration of corporate data, for the documentation of activities, for the production of "Sales Leads" and for explaining the activity history with the customers
- Utilizes AutoCAD, ProFx, Automation Studio and Microsoft Office tools
- Join VDMA working groups
- Bachelor degree in mechanical, electrical or mechatronic engineering
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in application support roles
- Proven experience within the Electric- and Hydraulics market and applications
- Ability to develop advanced Electro-Hydraulic Systems for the mobile hydraulic market segments
- Understanding process and control technique, BUS technologies & systems, IPC & PLC technique & programing, measuring technology
- Knowledge and experience with Co-De-Sys and/or others
- Service-oriented, combined with the ability to convince and inspire customers
- Self-motivated, ambitious, resilient, reliable & team player
- Independent and structured way of working
- Demonstrate strategic ability, and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, relationships and leverage diversity.
- Ability and desire to move to a higher leadership position within the business.
- Fluent German and English language knowledge. Additional skills in any other European language are welcome
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time