Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mechanical Engineering Team Leader
- Participate in the review of product requirements specification based on input from marketing and customers.
- Participate in design reviews and other team development processes.
- Generate (when necessary) the product requirements specification from the Voice of Customer (VOC) input
- Following the product spec, design, development new and innovative products
- Conduct testing of all new products in accordance with related standards and customer requirements
- Complete appropriate technical documentation.
- Work with industrial team to support production line set up.
- Launch new product line extensions following a stage-gate process (i.e., PROLaunch)
- Investigate and analyze new materials and their appropriate use within our product line
- Review and conduct computer-based FEA & FMEA analysis on new products to ensure their integrity and use the results to modify designs
- Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies and materials and uses computer software tools to design and analyze product integrity to facilitate rapid deployment.
- Extensive materials knowledge with emphasis on plastic injection molding and metal stamping
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with all other team, manage mechanical resources to support all product development for all CPCD projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
5 or more years ‘experience in new product development in electromechanical systems. Proven history of designing and executing new product development programs
Proven ability to complete projects on time and on budget.
Experience in metal and molded plastic designs, solid understanding of electromechanical low voltage products
Good understanding of commercial markets and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing required
Ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing customer market environment
Must be an expert in the use of Pro-E, AutoCAD or other software design tools.
Extensive knowledge of a wide variety of electromechanical devices and the processes required to assemble them
Ability to utilize specialized techniques for development to launch process improvements including development stage gate processes and Design for Six Sigma tools.
Good interpersonal skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication
Fluent in English
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PDD CPCD Circuit Protection and Controls Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time