Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mechanical / Maintenance Technician, Perth DC
Eaton Corporation has an opening for a Mechanical / Maintenance Technician in our Perth DC, Ontario facility.
Reporting to the Operational Excellence Manager, this position is responsible for the machining of components for production, installation, preventive maintenance and repair of any mechanical/pneumatic/hydraulic equipment or components that support the assembly and facility operations. The Mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible for all facilities-related functions including building and ground maintenance (excluding landscaping), machine maintenance, and some contractor management.
• Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to cut or grind metal, plastic or other materials to make or modify parts or products with precise dimensions
• Repair mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, machines and components
• Build/assemble mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic controls as required
• Design and build small fixtures for assembly
• Machining of some assembly components for production
• Verify dimensions of machined parts or tooling
• Perform preventative maintenance duties based on prescribed schedules
• Deploy and prioritize the maintenance log and activities
• Identify and provide solutions for modifications or other improvements to mechanical equipment, machines and apparatuses
• Maintain service equipment, work area, maintenance tool storage and spare parts inventory
• Use of MIG, oxygen-acetylene and other welding equipment
• Install new equipment as required
• Move machinery and equipment when required
• Develop proactive and effective maintenance strategies
• Work in assembly areas as required
• Complete and maintain inspection reports.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a mechanical/industrial manufacturing environment
• College or technical school diploma required
• No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 80 km of Perth to be considered.
• Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
• Knowledge of relevant fabrication and production machinery
• Knowledge in use and operation of a variety of welding equipment, air compressor systems, miscellaneous pumps and hydraulics
• 5+ years of experience in a mechanical/industrial manufacturing environment
• Fork lift license
• Millwright certification
• Ability to read and follow mechanical blueprints/drawings
• Aptitude with measurement, machine and hand tools
• Scissor lift /working from heights
• Intermediate computer skills
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No