Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Production Assoicate, Switchboard Assembly Closeout, 1st Shift
Provide manufacturing expertise, support, and direction in the assembly of all areas of the Switchboard Segment Team with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards. Incumbent will allow for timely execution of required tasks including but not limited to assembly, allocation of materials, inspection, testing, wiring, and shipping.
1. Correctly select and install, in accordance to drawings/diagrams/blueprints, various components/devices.
2. Exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure quality criteria are met by review of documents, consciences assembly and proper employment of the switchboard quality verification checklist.
3. Receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Perform assigned function from oral / written instructions, drawings, travel documents, DMM system, manufacturing information, hand drawn layout request. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function.
4.Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
5. Ensure all safety and industrial hygiene requirements are maintained.
6.Work from manufacturing information such as Kanban cards, MI’s, requisitions and oral or written instructions. Use of tape measures required.
7. Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
8. Perform Lean Initiatives.
9. Perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
10. Exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
• High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
• Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience.
• Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
• Must live within 50 miles of Sumter SC to be considered. No relocation benefits offered.
• Working knowledge of Lean concepts
• Must meet the minimum Work Keys scores as required for the position
• Computer literate
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 35lbs with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment
• Must work somewhat independently and make decisions that affect the workgroup. Focus efforts on attaining assigned goals and objectives, which include meeting needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No