Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
B. Monitor every phase of the software development process to ensure that the software adheres to the standards set by EATON and Customer requirements.
C. Support the validation /qualification of software design, writing source code, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration of software, and release management process.
D. Support implementation and deployment of supplier process improvements.
• Interfaces with Supplier, Program Management and Engineering to develop and execute system-level software. Develops test strategies and plans in accordance with business and product requirements.
• Monitor APQP w/supplier. Conduct quality assurance reviews, design reviews, and other activities during software development process.
• Initiate PPAP Submission request in WISPER and send PPAP Request Letter. Track and follow up supplier’s PPAP submission according to project timing.
• Evaluate Supplier’s PPAP package according to EATON and AIAG standards. Provide feedback to the supplier in order to resolve issues found during PPAP evaluation.
• Provide PPAP disposition in WISPER according to plan. Manage interim approval through full approval. Follow up Supplier’s PPAP re-submissions
• Communicate and report progress to team and stakeholders. Escalate issues as required.
• Provides technical support for the resolution of various customer and internal issues on as needed basis
• Contribute and implement continuous process improvements. Support team wide initiatives in learning and adopting new and relevant state of the art technologies for electronic components, embedded systems/ software testing, test tools, etc.
• Engineering degree
• 3-5 years professional experience in the field of Automotive Embedded Software Engineering/ Software Quality Engineering.
• 2+ years in a product engineering or test engineering role in an embedded environment, preferably in automotive electronics
• Working knowledge of functional and non-functional software testing, the software test life cycle, and
various test design methodologies (function, performance, stress, load, risk-based, scenario, etc.)
• Working knowledge of multiple script languages
• Knowledge of Automotive SPICE software development processes.
• Knowledge of AIAG PPAP Production Part Approval Process
• Knowledge of AIAG APQP Advanced Product Quality Planning process
• Knowledge of AIAG Design and Process FMEA
• Knowledge of AIAG SPC Statistical process control & capability
• Knowledge/practitioner of Analytical / Statistical Tools & Methods
• Ability to travel up to 20%
• Strong analytical skills and experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Experience with ISO 26262.
• Basic knowledge of standard query language – PLSQL Developer experience is a plus
• Strong knowledge of database structure, database capabilities and software applications
• Ability to interpret drawings, GD&T and engineering standards & specifications
• Fluent English (Written / Spoken)
• Customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks Strong emphasis on data management and/or business analytics
• High level of problem resolution skills (including analytical and deductive reasoning)
• Demonstrated drive for results and collaborative skills, which promotes and champions change
• Excellent computer skills with demonstrated competent skills in the area of Microsoft Excel and query tools
• Business process mapping skills
• Demonstrated drive for results and collaborative skills.
• Ability to work in an international environment and deal with different cultures.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time