TCO Program Manager - Supply Chain
Eaton Electrical Sector has an opening for :
TCO Program Manager - Supply Chain
Multiple locations : Hungary - Budapest, Poland, Morocco
Lead Direct Material TCO (Total Cost Out) project portfolio and NPD (New Product Development) programs for ES EMEA dedicated Business. Acts as the primary interface between the EMEA Electrical Sector Procurement and business line, product development / R&D – on a divisional basis.
The TCO Program Manager coordinates Cost savings projects portfolio for all direct material (Negotiation, Resourcing, VA/VE, Material Utilization) in all stages from idea creation to project execution phase.
Act as Project manager for VA/VE and Resourcing projects in phase of creation, feasibility and refinement until business case approval.
Lead supply chain activities for NPD (New product development) projects to successfully launch new products on time, at cost and with quality. Responsible for implementing supplier and material strategy.
Carries the responsibility for Material costs (spend) on a product/bill of material level.
- Serve as the primary link between Global Procurement organization and Business lines (in particular Operations, Product Line, Engineering, product development / R&D).
- Ensure strong pipeline on Direct Material Cost Savings to meet annual Profit Plan Goals.
- Support total cost out pipeline development focused on idea capture, prioritization of projects, cost out calculations, implementation timing, business alignment and portfolio management.
- Support Cost Out annual Profit Plan creation process, in particular leading VA/VE and Resourcing ideas.
- Lead periodical business Cost Out Reviews on Executive and Operational level to drive Cost savings programs creation, execution and delivering on time.
- Conduct Direct Material Cost Out events like Value Analysis/Value Engineering, DM IDB Workshops, Supplier VA/VE, Mini VA/VE, DtV to enable identify cost out opportunities and further refine for implementation. Facilitate and conduct events, train participants. Seek team input to promote rapid implementation of ideas.
Manage Regional Saving Hopper and build awareness of direct material cost saving process across the region.
- Monitor business line Direct Material Cost out Pipeline & Hopper achievement and support go-get gap reduction plans.
- Drive Should Costs analysis across EMEA in conjunction with Corporate team & CoE in Pune and the Business
- Oversee team coordination in new product development NPD projects and STP projects with close collaboration with Category Managers and define the timeline for optimal supplier involvement in the development process. PROLaunch utilization is essential for all appropriate projects. Lead Work Package Approval process.
- Monitor and steer purchasing relevant mile stones during NPD programs. Monitor compliance with the Supplier and Material Strategy (SMS) in new product development initiatives.
- Calculate preliminary costs for new products, which serves as a basis for the “request for proposal”. Determine the Design To Cost potential according to targets.
- Provide technical know-how while acting on the behalf of EMEA electrical procurement during strategic decisions such as make-or-buy, substitution, standardization, etc. Analyzes technical data, designs, preliminary specifications, and manufacturing limitations when qualifying new suppliers
- Review industry trends, competitive activity as well as new technologies to optimize production cost.
- Coordinates strategic technology roadmaps with main ES EMEA suppliers
- Promote early involvement of the EMEA Electrical Sector Procurement team in new product development initiatives.
- Drive change throughout the region through the training and deployment of the ADKAR process.
- Implement modern supply chain management processes with regards to technology and quality
- Minimum 6 years working experience including minimum 4 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Operational Excellence.
- Overall Business acumen and people Management is essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Supply Chain / Logistics preferred.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes and procedures required
- Analytical, calculatory and process oriented thinking required,
- Experience in cost out required
- Experience in engineering is an advantage.
- Corporate level fluency in English is essential.
- Good level of French or German Language is an advantage
- Experience within a Multi-Location Manufacturing / Assembly plant environment required..
- Project management skills (ProLaunch preferred).
- Outstanding communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, Operations and Supply Chain Management personnel.
- Demonstrated strong ability to work with teams of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Possesses sound knowledge and experience in successfully deploying corrective action planning.
- Desktop Analytics (MS Excel and PowerPoint skills are a necessity).
- Demonstrated strong ability to achieve results.
- Must be able to take a leading role in driving change in the organization.
- Must demonstrate a bias for action and implementation
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks across the region
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time