Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Power System Controls Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division has an opening for a Senior Power Systems Controls Engineer. The position will be based out of either: Mountainside, NJ, Lewiston, ME, Sandston, VA, Beaver, WV, Hanover, MD, Warrendale, PA, Franklin, MA or Clifton Park, NY.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
The Power Systems Controls group is a full-service systems integrator with the capabilities to integrate the necessary equipment and technologies, to provide a complete, power automation solution. This team of engineers and technicians brings extensive skills and experiences with a variety of leading HMI software packages enabling us to design graphically rich, easy-to-use operator interfaces that take advantage of the latest standalone or web-based technologies. Our experience transcends a multitude of equipment manufacturers, software packages, and network architectures, including all major OEMs HMI, PLCs, and components. We offer single point responsibility, a high level of engineering and systems integration expertise, and a unified focus on cost effective solutions, seamless integration, HMI development, energy management tools, and professional turnkey system design and implementation.
The Senior Power Systems Controls Engineer will provide field service systems integration engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of system design, programming, installation, start up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of automated control systems and power management systems.
- Programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Write and deploy power transfer and other control schemes including Main-Tie-Main transfer schemes, load shedding/ peak shaving schemes, breaker control schemes, SCADA system development, and generator control. Experience with relay logic is a plus
- Quote general turnkey control schemes (analyze specifications, price all applicable labor and materials, write a proposed scope of work, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with PLC programming and deployment of power automation projects
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the listed work locations. No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Professional Engineering license
- Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with power system controls
- Experience in Programming utility grade substation controller for power monitoring and control.
- Experience and understanding of DNP3 and IEC-61850 communication protocols.
- Knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software, PLC programming, etc.
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Advanced understanding of the company’s and competitor’s automation and power management systems and services.
- Computer literacy. Working knowledge of all software packages relevant to successful performance of tasks.
- Knowledge of parts, part masters, bill of materials.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with automation and power management systems.
- Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Experience with HMI (Human Machine Interface) software and power monitoring software packages.
- Experience with Eaton Power Monitoring software including Power Xpert, PowerNet, and Forseer.
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Candidates must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time