Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Spécialiste en essais logiciels- Software Test Specialist
Eaton’s Energy Automation Solutions Division is seeking a Software Test Specialist. The Software Test Specialist will be based at our St. Romuald/Levis facility.
As a recognized employer of choice, Eaton Corporation recruits and retains talented employees who are interested in making a long-term commitment to an organization that continually invests in the latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment, as well as its employees. Eaton’s Energy Automation Solutions business has an immediate opening for a Software Test Specialist. This position is located in Lévis (Québec). The Energy Automation Solutions (EAS) division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability, automation and control, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency and smart operations. The EAS business serves customers in the utility, commercial, industrial, mining, renewable energy and other markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, five Innovation Centers around the world, more than 10,000 patents held globally, and its award-winning solutions in power delivery, power quality, power reliability and end customer automation in the utility space. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources.
Your role as a Software Test Specialist is to efficiently test and deliver high quality solutions. Working in an Agile development environment, you will be embedded on a cross-functional engineering team tasked with creating state-of-the-art communication systems. To succeed in this position you will apply your passion for technology and quality to design and execute functional, system, performance, and automated tests.
- Test Management
- Define test strategy based on requirements, design and interface documents, and code,
- Develop test plans,
- Generate test reports,
- Provide recommendations regarding release readiness.
- Test Execution
- Design, construct, and configure the test environment,
- Execute diverse testing types: exploratory, white box, performance, acceptance, and security, on web, Windows, and embedded applications.
- Create and maintain automated tests to ensure continuous quality,
- Investigate problems that occurred during automated tests,
- Design and implement test harnesses to measure system performance.
- Tools Management
- Evaluate tools to accelerate product development and release,
- Utilize and maintain current tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, or related discipline
- 1 year of professional experience with software development or testing
- Exposure to basic networking protocols and models: serial/TCP/UDP/OSI
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Windows based software applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within an 80km radius.
- 3-5 years of experience in software development or testing
- Developed test strategy, test plans, and test cases
- Advanced testing concepts: system testing, black-box, integration, exploratory, performance, load, and regression testing
- ISTQB or IIST testing certifications
- One or more networking certifications: Network+, CCIE, CCNP, WCNA
- Experience with automated test tools such as Microsoft Test Manager, TestComplete, CPP unit, JBehave, or Cucumber, and automated test patterns
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No