Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst. The Senior Financial Analyst will be based at our Galesburg, MI facility.
The primary function of the Senior Financial Analyst role is to provide accounting, financial and compliance support for a global product line.
- The Senior Financial Analyst works collaboratively with budget owners to create annual profit plan budgets, investigate spending variances, forecast monthly spending trends and prepare action plans to achieve business targets by providing forward-looking analysis and insight to business leads.
- The Senior Financial Analyst develops program spending analysis and reporting for the Powertrain product line to track program financial performance and variances.
- Supports the month-end closing by preparing journal entries, cross-charge allocations and month-end accruals. Prepares monthly budget reports and monthly engineering project spending analysis.
- Coordinates the global monthly forecasting process by working collaboratively with program and engineering managers, updating forecasting models, conducting budget reviews and updating systems such as DFT and Encore.
- Assists in developing the annual profit plan by preparing department budget templates, reviewing budgets for consistency and completion, analyzing spending trends, tracking headcounts, calculating allocations and preparing presentations. Takes the lead on several aspects of building the profit plan and coordinating requirements with the regional and divisional key players.
- Coordinates the global consolidation of product line spend and consistency of financial reporting with regional finance leads
- Leads the global project based accounting process for the Powertrain product line including overseeing cost allocations for engineering time, labor, material, services and revenue against projects.
- Analyzes key performance drivers to investigate spending variances. Performs root cause analysis to resolve problems. Interprets financial results and communicates opportunities for improvement to budget leads
- Coordinates the development of global engineering labor rates
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations for product line ledgers
- Works in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization. Cross-train with other analysts to build skills and experience across the division finance team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting , Finance, Business or Economics from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years accounting or finance experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Must have attention to detail and sound analytical skills, ability to interpret/communicate financial information.
- Must be able to see detail and big picture so that resulting communications and reports describe key risks and drivers as well as details and are prepared and presented in a manner consistent with previously reported data.
- Team-oriented, flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively with financial and non-financial colleagues to drive business partnering relationship at multiple levels of the organization
- Business process improvement focus required to drive deployment of world class processes
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills
- Must work well under pressure and be good at meeting deadlines
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time