Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Switchboard Technician-1st Shift
Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Switchboard Technician-1st shift in the Sumter, SC facility to support the switchboard assembly team.
Accurately interpret customer supplied drawings, specifications and notes and translate them into drawings and bills-of-material for internal customers in Manufacturing and Purchasing, as well as external customers.
- Prepare switchboard manufacturing information (MI) utilizing Bid Manager, Design Automation (DA) and AutoCAD to meet customer requirements.
- Create or edit bills of material to insure correct material demand requirements for purchased and self-manufactured components.
- Identify and design any special fabricated parts required using ACAD and 3-D CAD modeling systems (Auto-Desk Inventor, etc.), insuring that MI’s are completed and the material is routed accordingly to the appropriate assembly team. (Backup for Satellite Support team)
- Load electronic copies of all required manufacturing information into ENOVIA via Plant Order Manager to allow for retrieval by both internal and external customers.
- Provide input to Bid Man development team on design and pick table enhancements.
- Provide backup support as required to other team members.
- Support and assist assembly teams in resolution of process and/or information quality problems.
- Work closely with engineers, through order reviews and process improvements, to ensure accurate interpretation of customer supplied order information.
- Participate in Lean events and contribute to process improvements designed to reduce cycle time, increase front end efficiencies and improve information quality.
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures, including 5S requirements, and responsible for reporting unsafe conditions to the appropriate management or MESH representative.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and take initiative to solve problems.
- Highly analytical and detail orientated with a focus on process improvement.
Must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- Associates degree in Applied Science majoring in Engineering Graphics Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics Engineering Technology from an accredited institution AND a minimum of one (1) year of work experience supporting the manufacturing, design, assembly and/or processing of electrical products
- High school diploma or GED AND a minimum of five (5) years of work experience with a primary focus on generating BOM (Bill of Materials) and drafting 2D drawings for assembly
- High school diploma or GED AND a minimum of eight (8) years of work experience assembling switchboards.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area of Sumter, SC (50 miles) will be considered for this position.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience with Autodesk.
Minimum of five (5) years of work experience focused primarily on drafting and manufacturing information generation.
Working knowledge of systems, tools and processes as they apply to Sumter switchboard processes (Bid Manager, Plant Order Manager, OMS and other AS400 programs)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No