Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Sales Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical North American Sales (NAS) organization is seeking a Sales Engineer. The Sales Engineer will be based out of the Portland (Wilsonville, OR) office.
The Sales Engineer has responsibility to achieve an assigned sales quota consistent with expectations of a seasoned professional sales engineer. This position has the primary responsibility to manage and coordinate the sales effort within the customer/distributor base assigned.
The Sales Engineer will sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in a targeted Market Area. Extensive knowledge of the Market area is a must for this opportunity. The position’s primary objective is to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin.
- Drive increase in sales in the marketplace
- Manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers
- Develop a proven record of achieving assigned sales quota
- Develop and implement sales plans and be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities. Communicate such information to product divisions
- Maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other company employees to assure customer satisfaction
- Manage expense allowances and submit expense reports in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the electrical industry is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or an MBA is preferred
- Knowledge of Power Distribution and control products, market knowledge, established customer relationships within the market area
- Experience dealing with local distribution is preferred
- Strong work ethic, competitiveness, and willingness to learn, as well as be adept at building relationships
- Good time management, presentation/training skills, planning skills, value added selling, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time