Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Development Manager, Power Distribution (VIC)
Reporting to the State Sales Manager Vic, the role is responsible for selling a designated range of Eaton Electrical LV products to ensure the products are marketed and promoted to customers as well as sales budgets for allocated accounts or territories are met and achieved.
- Achieve profit plan orders, sales, price, profitability and growth objectives for PD business
- Maintain regional / state sales business in accordance with the designated sales targets
- Find and develop new business opportunities with existing and potential clients in the region
- Maintain close relationships with key accounts, discussing customer technical requirements and creating solutions.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of tenders for products to meet the customer’s needs and promote opportunities for sales of the company’s products
- Prepare or oversee preparation of contract documents for recommendation to senior management and then subsequent negotiation with clients
- Monitor sales proposals and liaise with clients to modify proposals accordingly
- Follow up with key clients any complaints about relevant company products and aim for satisfactory solutions from both the company’s and customer’s viewpoints
- Monitor competitor activities and market trends through personal contact with clients and suppliers, and attendance at industry association meetings, seminars and trade functions etc.
- Plan and report on customer calls, product requirements and provide regular progress reports and sales outlooks as directed by sales manager
- Participate in sales meetings to give and receive market intelligence
- Carry out the roles and responsibilities as detailed in the quality, safety and environment policies and procedures
- Ensure commitment to the quality, safety and environment and proactively report any risks and issues
- Understand and comply with the company’s mission, vision, policies, objectives and other requirements of the quality, safety and environment management system
- Tertiary qualifications with 2-3-years of related technical sales experience
- Track record of success managing direct and indirect customers
- Superior knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations, personnel development, in-depth knowledge of products, product applications and specifiers
- A track record of planning and managing the sales resources to assure that adequate coverage is applied to major, new and existing accounts
- Understand major competitors tactics, organization, distribution strategy, and pricing
- Strong communication abilities and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office PowerPoint and Excel
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: ANZD AustraliaNew Zealand Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time