Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Organizes and directs the work of planning, capacity planning and line schedules.
- Manages dating parameters to satisfy customer expectations and brand reputations.
- Develops schedule attainment programs, including root cause analysis and action items for cycles of improvement.
- Works with Purchasing Manager to develop systems to ensure on time delivery to our customer and plant and supplier stocking levels support and exceed company sales and inventory goals
- Develops programs to reduce lead times consistent with business and customer expectations.
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors planning for all brands, using SAP and other reporting systems to meet company requirements, works with procurement and production management to ensure materials are on site on time per customer request.
- Creates opportunities for continuous improvement to improve efficiencies and quality.
- Works with cross functional teams, especially customer service, to ensure collaborative and system wide approach to problem solving and quality planning methods
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports for customer satisfaction and plant performance.
- Provides finance and management with predicted month end sales each week as well as reports customer orders that are on hold or at jeopardy of meeting company and customer needs
- Drives root cause of performance failures and develops sustained, corrective action in place to avoid future misses
- Provides feedback to customer service supervisors on potential misses to lead time and expedite requests.
- Works with customer service to improve order processing and efficiencies between customer service and operations
- Ensures adherence to processes so customer orders are processed and ready per forecast and schedule
- Proceduralize planning standard work and audit standard work to the planner scorecard.
Supports cost out initiatives and kaizen events as needed.
- Validates and coordinates with new product engineers the forecasts for all NPD launches in the plant.
- Provides guidance and development to the planning team
- Visibly and actively supports other functional plant initiatives including safety, wellness, engagement, etc
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in planning/materials management, procurement, production control, or operations planning
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience
- No relocation will be offered for this position. Only candidates who currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Aurora, CO facility will be considered for this position
- No Sponsorship- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree in a supply chain management field from an accredited institution
- Experience in managing a planning function and building organizational capability in that function
- SAP experience preferred
- Desire CPIM and/or APICS certification
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements
- Expert knowledge of the various replenishment models (make to order, make to stock, make to forecast, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- Ability to lead, train and develop planning team personnel
- Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- Ability to analyze, identify and implement opportunities and initiatives for improvement
- Ability to develop strategies and priority setting for the Supply Chain initiatives
- Strong planning/project management skills
- Strong PC application skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time