Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Leader - SCM, New Product Development
- Managing new product launches as the Lead Project Engineer for the supply chain function. Understand new parts requirement on project and provide inputs on suppliers. Run request for quotations (RFQ) , collect the quotes from suppliers for proto type and production parts.
- Responsible for following SCM standard NPD processes while using the ProLaunch (program management steps) process on all of the projects.
- Responsible for the conduction of the design of manufacturing (DFM) reviews with the suppliers and engineering team. Negotiate quotes, co-coordinate sourcing decisions with the commodity team.
- Responsible for maintaining all of the information about each project within Eaton’s standard forms while keeping them up to date.
- Responsible for prototypes and PPAPs from supplier on a timely basis with accuracy.
- Conduct regular APQP meetings and work with close coordination with the global Supplier Development Engineering (SDE) team to get the PPAPs from suppliers right, the first time and on time.
- Responsible for conducting costing, and providing volume base cost walk to project team.
- Responsible for the negotiations material strategy with suppliers, and creating an inventory model to optimize the lead time and inventory costs.
- Responsible for the coordination between the plant’s SCM and finance teams to generate POs and to help create and finalize capital requirements (CARs) for each project.
- Identify supplier risk for each project in advance and prepare action plans to mitigate any supplier risk. Coordinate these actions to the commodity teams while getting alignment to their commodity strategies.
- Create a plan for every part and keep all the records updated.
- Understand the overall NPD project plan and aligned supplier project time line to achieve final gate dates on projects.
- Timely communication of project status to all stakeholders.
- Has to be involved in cost reduction cycles throughout the life cycle of the product development .
- Recommend improvements, optimize processes, and identify cost out opportunities. Consult with and advise with product development engineers on economic alternatives for their design and suggest trade-offs.
- Other assigned projects and task as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Product Management, Engineering, or Supply Chain
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in industrial product development, design, or management.
- Sponsorship is NOT provided. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- MBA degree preferred
- Bachelors in Electrical or Mechanical
- 3+ years of experience in industrial new product development, design, or management preferred.
- 1+ year of experience in formal leadership position preferred.
- 2+ year in program management preferred.
- 3+ year experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- 1+ year with value analysis and value engineering experience.
- 2+ years of purchasing experience.
- 1+ year experience with PPAP, APQP, DFM.
- Good communications and technical skills when interacting with both internal and/or external customers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time