Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electrical Quality Engineering Supervisor
Eaton located in Fayetteville, NC has an opening for a Quality Engineering Supervisor.
Supervise and coordinate the Quality Control functions and related quality assurance activities for all products manufactured by the plant or product line; plan and manage statistical quality control activities to ensure the conformance of manufactured products/equipment with customer specifications and their unique product performance requirements; provide technical support to testers; maintain frequent contacts with customers to resolve product warranty problems; oversee customer quality relations programs and visit customer locations or equipment installations on-site to provide information about company equipment and to effectively mediate issues related to customer satisfaction and to oversee the correction of equipment problems.
- Provide direct supervision to electrical testers within the assembly areas as assigned.
- Provide technical support as needed to team for product/component related issues.
- Develop and monitor manufacturing quality procedures, standards, training activities, and communication programs. Provide supervision to
- Develop and coordinate problems and activities to assess and improve manufacturing processes and product quality.
- Plan and coordinate the use, calibration, maintenance, and application of all electrical test equipment and process control equipment within the company.
- Oversee the collection and analyze statistical production data to assess and monitor product quality and reliability.
- Develop statistical analysis and related quality assurance reporting information for review with manufacturing management’s
- Maintain frequent contact with management, engineers, technicians, and other company personnel to discuss and resolve quality reliability.
- Visit customer locations or equipment installations on-site to provide information about company equipment and mediate issues related to customer satisfaction.
- Oversee and approve expenditures for all product warranty issues and participate in legal settlements.
- Maintain a safe working environment within assigned plant areas to protect employees from injury and damage or misuse of company equipment and property.
- Participate in and provide support for a variety of safety committees, environmental programs, and related activities as needed to ensure a safe and clean work place for employees.
- Supplier Quality process, including the plant quality hold process.
- Ensure that customer requirements are addressed including; selection of special characteristics, setting quality objectives and related training, corrective and preventative actions, product design and development.
- All Other Duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment with quality responsibilities
- Minimum of 1 year of experience managing/leading others
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Excellent communication and persuasive skills to positively resolve customer complaints and product warranty issues. Ability to quickly analyze problems to assist in troubleshooting faulty control circuits or system problems.
- Ability to motivate and train employees and promote and maintain morale, cooperation, and productivity among subordinate personnel.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience working with Motor Control Centers or Electrical Distribution Assemblies
- Membership in IEEE societies and ASQ certification
- Lean and Six Sigma experience (green belt or higher)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time