The overall purpose of this function is to support the Management team and drive Operational Excellence (OPEX) in the Eindhoven facility, in the areas Health & Safety (HSE), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Improvement (CI).
Eaton has well-defined Management systems and tools for these specific domains. The OPEX supervisor is responsible to coordinate the further deployment and integration to drive improvements.
• Coordinates the deployment of MESH and leads the VGWM meetings (internal HSE meeting)
• Prepares the annual Management Review and proposes the appropriate leading and lagging indicators, targets and projects
• Performs risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects, coordinates incident investigations and proposes appropriate actions
• Performs Gemba’s and audits to follow up deployment and identify opportunities for improvement
• Advises the Management timely on regulatory changes and assures compliance.
• Reports EHS data accurately and timely in MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
• Evaluate competency level staff and coordinates HSE training program and provides training during toolbox or monthly all employee meetings to drive Zero Accident culture
• Coordinates the deployment of ISO9001 and EQS (Eaton Quality System) and leads the Quality/CI Council and regular non-conformity meeting shop floor
• Represents the Plant for ISO9001, Quality Assurance and manages the interfaces with the public and governmental authorities, certification companies and customers
• Analyses non conformity data and presents results and suggested actions to MT during the Quality Council
• Coordinate the 8D of all claims & provides analysis to ensure that all customer issues are resolved quickly and efficiently and preventive measures are put in place..
• Conducts quality audits (production/suppliers) and FMEA analysis and presents findings
• Evaluate competency level staff and coordinates QA/EQS training program and provides training during toolbox or monthly all employee meetings to drive Zero DPPM culture
• Coordinates the deployment of ELSS (Eaton lean Six Sigma) and other CI activities and presents status/actions during the CI- Council
• Coordinates and leads Kaizen events to drive continuous improvement and improve plant’s indicators, productivity and efficiency.
• Champions several of the Lean categories and is directly responsible for the deployment and improvement actions for these elements
• Evaluate competency level staff and coordinates ELSS training program and provides training during toolbox or monthly all employee meetings to drive CI culture
• Preferable 1-3 years working experience in Quality Assurance/control in a Manufacturing environment
• Preferable 1-3 years of working experience in environmental, health and safety program management
• Familiar with ISO9001/14001 standards and qualified auditor
• Must have advanced knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with VISIO or other project management software is preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good analytical and conceptual capability and problem solving ability
• Strong team-building skills and strong organizational skills
• Preferable Certified Safety Professional or prepared to follow appropriate training program
• Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Tools, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Management 5S, and Lean Material Flow.
• Preferable Six Sigma green/black belt or prepared to follow internal Eaton certification program
• Proficiency in local language and English, both in verbal and writing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time