Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Licensing Specialist Global Trade Management
- Develop and deploy throughout assigned Business Units all applicable authorizations compliance processes and procedures in conjunction with various other functions within Eaton and external resources
- Prepares, obtains, maintains, manages and monitors applicable licenses, agreements and authorizations in compliance with applicable U.S. Government regulations and Company policies, learning and utilizing company systems (ERP, OCR etc.).
- Prepares, reviews, and administers export/import authorizations and miscellaneous correspondences to regulatory agencies.
- Reviews and approves use of advanced license exemptions/exceptions.
- Maintains records of current and expired license files, and issues reports on pending and approved licenses/approvals.
- Identifies, develops and completes training related to import and export authorizations requirements
- Supports management and GTM in investigating and resolving compliance matters including possible authorizations related violations of international trade compliance regulations or policies or procedures; coordinate with the Legal department on communications with government requests for information, including assisting with government export audits and/or filing disclosures.
- Perform duties as an Empowered Official (EO) per the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Participates in the development and implementation of company and business unit authorizations related policy, procedures, guidelines and instructions in conjunction with various other functions within Eaton and external resources
- Company interface on interpretation of authorizations related regulatory requirements or company export/import policies and procedures.
- Work with GTM Americas site(s) and international sites, to train and ensure compliance with various regulatory bodies including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms (ITAR); Export Administration Regulations (EAR); Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR); Customs and Border Protection (CBP); and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- Support site(s) export and Import compliance program as related to authorizations: export and import site assessments/audits as related to authorizations, review foreign national employment licenses, assist with authorizations related activities to develop and manage Technology Control Plans, export/import recordkeeping, employee export/import training, manage license process, provides export/import control guidance and monitors export/import shipments to ensure no gaps in coverage due to expirations or changes in US import/export regulations
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited University
- A minimum of 2 years broad export/import licensing experience(licenses, agreements, general correspondence requests, compliance, and transactional activities)
- A minimum 2 years’ experience drafting and submitting export authorizations licenses and agreements and interpreting and providing assistance in ITAR/EAR regulations associated with controlled US government commodities, technologies and services
- NO Sponsorship- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- NO relocation. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Irvine, CA facility, Jackson, MS, Fort Worth, TX or Los Angeles, CA sites to be considered.
- This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Experience in drafting formal correspondence with government agencies.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, D-Trade, SNAPR
- Familiar with US government software: ACE
- Familiarity with OCR EASE , a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written word to all levels within the Division for management, functional staffs, line level employees and government officials.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong analytical, negotiation, and influencing capabilities.
- Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently, and take initiative to address situations before issues arise.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills; ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes conflicting requirements.
- ITAR Empowered Official experience, a plus
- Working knowledge regarding the service capabilities, role and responsibilities of Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders and Logistics Service providers.US Brokers License, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and integrate export licensing requirements with company’s international business objectives.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to resolve situations that are ambiguous or incomplete.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time