Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Engineering Manager
Eaton is seeking a Sr Engineering Manager within our Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division (FED). This person can be based in Beltsville, MD, or either of our other FED Headquarter locations (Jackson, MI; Glenolden, PA; East Providence, RI; Bethel, CT; Ft Worth, TX)
The Sr. Engineering Manager will lead global engineering for three divisions (Ducting, Sealing and Sensing) and report directly to the Fluid and Electrical Distribution Division Engineering Director. The primary function of this position is to lead the global engineering activities within the organization, managing new product development & introduction, research & development programs, sustaining, cost out and aftermarket programs.
Primary challenges include organizational capability development, global Engineering alignment, improved program execution using disciplined engineering processes, risk management and portfolio/resource planning using leading indicators & metrics. Additional areas of focus will be the implementation of organizational performance measures, the development of best cost country (BCC) engineering capabilities, the refinement/implementation of technology strategy for specific business units, and advancement of engineering capabilities to support the development of next generation components and systems.
- Lead a global team of 150 engineers to assure that current product support, future product development and sustaining/field support for customers are addressed
- Lead an engineering department to deliver high quality technical output on time. Provide technical advice and guidance to this team; create opportunities for growth and development. Develop culture of accountability and grow employee satisfaction, product expertise
- Develop organizational capability/capacity and engineering/technical skills among staff to support the product teams and division strategies and initiatives. Maintain appropriate training programs to assure continuous learning.
- Assure appropriate product documentation, design standards, and related material specifications are developed. Must be accomplished on a cooperative basis to improve efficiency by avoiding duplication between remote teams and to create a global engineering organization
- Assure that product designs are competitive with respect to performance, quality, reliability, cost and any other critical design characteristics
- Establish a global engineering strategy and implement tactical measures to ensure implementation is realized. Lead efforts supporting the continued growth and productivity of the Pune, India engineering center.
- Work with specialized Centers of Excellences to ensure seamless product development, program execution and furthering product/technology strategy
- Use best practices of robust design and promote an “analysis first” mindset
- Assure that proprietary rights and product liability concerns of Aerospace Group are addressed by interacting with corporate legal staff members
- Forecast future worldwide aircraft system activities and customer plans to determine product opportunities and threats.
- Establish appropriate action plans within the division as well as jointly with customers to address the potential impact of new customer requirements.
- Identify key engineering metrics, monitor performance and implement improvements accordingly
- Maintain close liaison with the Operational Excellence organization to insure high quality and year over year manufacturing cost reductions.
- Maintain close liaison with customers for application reviews, developing new product requirements, and major modifications of existing products, prototype qualification test requirements and to resolve product performance deficiencies.
- Establish and maintain contacts with Universities to develop advanced products and potential new hires.
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in new product development
- Must be able to work in the United States on a continual basis without requiring corporate sponsorship
- Ability to operate across, and influence within, a complex matrixed global organizational structure
- Experience in conducting competitive analyses and defining/executing business level strategy.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with design processes, portfolio and program management skills, knowledge of customer strategies, successful new product introduction experience, creative/innovative thinking.
- Proven track record of driving change and ability to develop and execute technology development plans.
- A strategic leader with the ability to succinctly articulate and communicate a vision to the extended team.
- Demonstrated excellence in business strategy.
- Experience and success operating in a large matrix organization.
- Track record of creating an engineering culture of continuous process, reliability, and quality Improvement that drives customer satisfaction.
An undergraduate Engineering degree from an accredited institution is required. An MBA is highly desired.
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits.
The position will be located at Eaton’s Beltsville, MD facility. But can also be located in our other FED corporate locations (Jackson, MI; Glenolden, PA; East Providence, RI; Bethel, CT; Ft Worth, TX)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time