Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Heat Treat Operator 2nd Shift
Eaton located in Charleston, SC has an opening for a Heat Treat Operator.
The purpose of the Heat Treat Operator is to support the operations team by ensuring the quality and quantity of product produced in the Heat Treat operation. The Heat Treat Operator will need to complete all inspections, training, and support projects as needed and required. This position will be on 2nd shift.
- Operate gas and electric furnaces.
- Consults processes and procedures for proper recipes, instruction, and tooling to ensure quality product.
- Lead / support continuous improvement projects such as productivity gains, downtime improvements, safety improvements, problem solving, etc.
- Follow all Eaton safety policies and standards
- Fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principles
- Ability to troubleshoot machine malfunctions.
- Operate and set up induction machines for brazing and hardening.
- Select and regulate furnace temperatures for specific treating jobs; visually inspect materials for foreign matter and positioning materials on racks or containers, load furnaces and time prescribed heating cycles to bring material to proper temperatures.
- Familiarize and train other Heat Treat operators using process documentation, quality plans, and the operator training checklist as needed.
- Read, post, maintain charts on furnaces, maintain logs (SPC, etc.) and interpret gages.
- Use computer terminal to help track, monitor and record department activities.
- Responsible and accountable for quality of work produced and records and documents required.
- Able to work overtime as needed (both during the week and weekends)
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
· High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 6 months of work experience in an industrial manufacturing environment in a heat treat role.
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
· No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area will be considered for this position.
· Completed ASM related heat treat courses or equivalent.
· Two (2) years’ experience setting up and operating heat treating furnaces.
· Understands Statistical Process Control.
· Ability to read and interpret complex engineering processes, process sketches, and blueprints.
· Experience with Hardness Test Equipment.
· Ability to follow detailed procedures and heat treat recipes.
· Ability to perform visual inspection of parts for quality defects.
· Ability to read micrometers and calipers and use functional gaging such as spline gages.
· Ability to learn technical science and math-based concepts.
· Must be able to use a computer (Windows based) and the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point.
· Must be able to clearly communicate in written as well as oral form.
· Must be able to work in a team setting.
· Must have the ability to stand on feet for long periods of time. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No