Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Develop and implement new or modified manufacturing methods to improve FPY, reduce production costs and improve efficiency.
- Review, maintain and create operational standards and keep the information up-to-date in the appropriate system.
- Lead Continuous Improvement Teams in continuous improvement efforts.
- Investigate and analyze production methods, processes and operations to determine manufacturing modifications that will reduce defects, increase production efficiency and reduce costs.
- Participate in the design of product components and parts and recommend design changes that will facilitate product manufacturing, reduce costs, exploit the advantages of new materials, etc..
- Observe and analyze DPPM and advise concerned personnel of the results and recommend solutions to problems. Utilize lean philosophies to prevent failures before they occur, i.e. Poke-Yoke.
- Compile pertinent cost, manpower efficiency, machine capability, space utilization, material handling, etc., to support new manufacturing methods or modification recommendations.
- Prepare data package including layouts, equipment quotations, and written justifications for capital appropriation requests as required for process/efficiency improvements.
- Conduct studies to prepare and recommend new and revised operating procedures to maintain control, improve operations, and facilitate processing.
- Analyze, develop, recommend and justify tooling requirements for assigned lines. Approve the procurement implementation, and utilization of tools.
- Compile and analyze significant data relative to the solution of manufacturing problems and/or cost reduction studies, i.e., vendor capabilities and fabrication costs to determine the economics and feasibility of ‘make or buy’ decisions; the correlation of product design requirements with manufacturing operations and capabilities; the economics of maintaining inventory levels based on machining cost per volume, etc..
- Prepare and submit manufacturing cost estimates and substantiating data for review and approval.
- Coordinate program/ project management activities related to growth or change.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 6 months of engineering experience (includes co-op and internship experience).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience in PLC programming.
- Experience in robotics.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Project.
- Program management certification.
- Ability to evaluate manufacturing problems in team format and prepare financial justification data and submit capital requisitions for new and improved equipment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing in order to analyze, evaluate and determine solution to a wide variety of problems that may affect assigned area.
- Human relations skills to direct processing personnel and to work with other plant supervisory personnel.
- Technical writing ability. May require familiarity with military, company, or international specifications and appropriate format.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time